Hundreds 'pay it forward' at Connecticut Starbucks

At a Starbucks in Newington, CT, some 450 people paid for the drink orders of the people behind them on Christmas day. Customers are still paying it forward on Thursday morning.
Hundreds 'Pay It Forward' At Connecticut Starbucks

marticarn December 26 2013 at 6:44 PM

AWWWWW That was so nice! Thank you!

dennismlns December 26 2013 at 3:59 PM

I had someone pay it forward to me, only thing I could think to do was, pay it forward too, I did.

littlelayla4u December 26 2013 at 8:58 PM

Does my heart good to read stories like this one. :)

elrod.porkmore littlelayla4u December 26 2013 at 10:03 PM

it would do me more good to see that o b a m a got impeached

abcstarfoxstil elrod.porkmore December 26 2013 at 11:13 PM

If you have to make everything political, it's because YOU are an AH
and nevet do good at all.

Flag +1 rate up
Angela December 26 2013 at 3:56 PM

Good to see this

Lois December 26 2013 at 3:51 PM

I wish there were more kind and generous people like thay in America...

sonofra1 Lois December 26 2013 at 4:48 PM

There are far more of them than you may have been lead to believe. The truth is, most people want to be "nice" and try to be on the whole. It is unfortunate that the majority of stories we hear or see are made up of the few who bring pain, grief, and misery at worst, or who just make it their work to make people unhappy at best. These people are really the exception and not the rule, that's why they and what they do are so noticed ...most of us are not "that guy". We live in cynical times, but do not fall into that physiological trap. Your fellow man is better than you might think, and bear in mind the definition of what a cynic is- ...someone who knows the worth of everything, and the value of nothing.

Jeri-Anne December 26 2013 at 9:10 PM

Very cool story!

yamadood@mail2me.com December 26 2013 at 3:31 PM

canadians have been doing that for years at Tim Horton drive through

TERRI SINGER December 26 2013 at 3:26 PM

Here in Evansville, IN, a man went into Starbucks, made his purchase, and then gave the cashier $100. He told her to use it to pay for the next orders until the money ran out. My brother and his sons were recipients of of free goodies. I think this was a wonderful gesture and all the more meaningful because it was anonymous.

maw.517 December 26 2013 at 3:22 PM

It happened to me, one day at Starbucks. A 7 year old in the car in front of me suggested it to her parents. My latte was free. I knew I must do something too. I was in Starbucks on Christmas day and asked about a man I see often. The cashier told me he was homeless but lives outside of the building and is there everyday. The first time I saw him my daughter said he was homeless. I responded with, I am sure he looks like that because of his job and he is on break. When I finally asked that Christmas morning I felt compelled to help. I asked the cashier to ring up a $20.00 gift card for the man and to give it to him after I left. I texted my daughter who was visiting her family for the holidays and told her that I was wrong and sorry I hadn't checked sooner about this man but as a random act of kindness he received a $20.00 gift card from her. She responded with Aww, thanks mom, I love you. My heart grew bigger that day and it felt so good to help someone. I hope the random acts of kindness continue everywhere.

carylin2002 December 26 2013 at 3:21 PM

Went to McDonald's before Christmas,ordered and when I got to window to pay,they told me person in front of me had paid for me and said,"Merry Christmas".This is a very pleasant surprise when there is so much hatred in this world.Gave me hope in mankind.A day or two later I "paid if forward"at Wendy's.It was a good feeling!