Tim Gunn's favorite red carpet sirens
- Cate Blanchett arrives at the 3rd Annual AACTA International Awards, on Friday, January,10, 2014 in West Hollywood, Calif.
- Best Actress winner Cate Blanchett attends the 79th Annual New York Film Critics Circle Awards at the Edison Ballroom on Monday, Jan. 6, 2014 in New York.
- Actress Cate Blanchett attends the premiere of Sony Pictures Classics' "Blue Jasmine" hosted by SK-II and Quintessentially Lifestyle at the Museum of Modern Art on Monday, July 22, 2013 in New York.
- Actress Helen Mirren attends the 'Red 2' premiere at Tokyo International Forum on November 24, 2013 in Tokyo, Japan.
- Actress Helen Mirren arrives at the 27th American Cinematheque Award honoring Jerry Bruckheimer at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on December 12, 2013 in Beverly Hills, California.
- Dame Helen Mirren attends the European Premiere of 'Red 2' at Empire Leicester Square on July 22, 2013 in London, England.
- Anne Hathaway attends The Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute benefit celebrating "PUNK: Chaos to Couture" on Monday May 6, 2013 in New York.
- Anne Hathaway arrives at the Oscars at the Dolby Theatre on Sunday Feb. 24, 2013, in Los Angeles.
- Actress Anne Hathaway poses backstage at the 65th Annual Directors Guild of America Awards at the Ray Dolby Ballroom on Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013, in Los Angeles.
- Actress Tilda Swinton attends The Museum of Modern Art Film Benefit: A Tribute to Tilda Swinton reception at Museum of Modern Art on November 5, 2013 in New York City.
- Actress Tilda Swinton attends the 'Only Lovers Left Alive' premiere during The 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival at the Palais des Festivals on May 25, 2013 in Cannes, France.
- Tilda Swinton attends the Pringle Of Scotland Archive Collection Presentation as part of Paris Fashion Week at Salon France-Ameriques on March 5, 2013 in Paris, France.
When he's not mentoring young designers, you will often find Tim Gunn on the red carpet interviewing fashion icons and red carpet sirens. We asked Tim to share his favorite leading ladies of all time, past or present.
From the elegant Helen Mirren to the always fashion-forward Tilda Swinton, Tim's choices are as unique as he is. "Actresses like Cate Blanchett and Helen Mirren are wonderful risk takers. While I'm always interested to see what Anne Hathaway will show up wearing," said Tim.
Click through the gallery above to see all of Tim's favorite red carpet fashionista's.