William and Kate hold hands for Christmas service, the Duchess in plaid
The entire royal family attended Christmas church services at Sandringham today, and thousands of well-wishers gathered to see them for the holidays. Many were hoping to see little Prince George, of course, but it was said that the Cambridges would make the decision early in the morning based on the weather and his mood.
- William and Kate held hands as they walked to church this morning, Kate wearing her tartan Alexander McQueen coat.
- Kate wore a matching hat by Milliner Gina Foster.
- There were scores of well-wishers waiting to see the family, and Kate reportedly told the crowd that George opened his presents but was more interested in the wrapping paper than the presents!
- Kate wore her Kiki McDonough drop earrings, which are believed to have been a present from William for Christmas in 2011.
- Well-wishers said William and Kate looked extremely happy. We're so excited to see them holding hands -- a rare display of affection among our favorite royal couple.
- We've seen Kate wear this coat one previous time, when she and William visited their alma mater, St. Andrew's in 2012.
- George was not in attendance for church (much to many disappointments!) but it was said that bringing him along was going to be up to the weather and his routine that morning.
- Kate meets children following the service.
- Prince Harry is still sporting his arctic beard! The brothers look very happy to be back together for the holidays.
- Kate wore her hair half-up under her green hat.
- The Queen receives flowers following the church service, with Kate at her side. The Queen was dressed in a deep orange -- almost red!
- George's parents said they had a "lovely morning" with their 5-month-old son.
- Police expected over 5,000 members of the public to attend this morning to see the royal family.
Earlier this morning, Kate and the Queen attended communion, the Christmas day service before the later services. Kate wore her cream-colored coat last seen at a friend's wedding in Switzerland.
- Kate covered up with a plaid shawl, while the Queen wore a fur coat.
- For the traditional family service, the Queen was in bright orange.
- Heavily pregnant (baby is due in a mere few weeks!) Zara Phillips was also in attendance, anxiously awaiting her own royal bundle of joy!
William and Kate left George home in the warmth with nanny Jessie Webb as they ventured out for a walk to the church with the family. Kate surprised us with her choice, and was dressed in her tartan Alexander McQueen coat with a fit and flare silhouette. She looked lovely, of course! We've seen the coat before when she and Wills visited their alma mater, St. Andrews. The Duchess wore a matching hat by milliner Gina Foster.
The whole family looked extremely happy -- and they've certainly had a lot to celebrate this year!
Click through the gallery above to see more photos of the Duke and Duchess, as well as the rest of the Royal family attending today's services.