nb_cid nb_clickOther -tt-nb this.style.behavior='url(#default#homepage)';this.setHomePage('http://www.aol.com/?mtmhp=acm50s247banner041514 network-banner-promo mtmhpBanner
AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Tessanne Chin reveals what it felt like to win 'The Voice'

The fun is just getting started for Season 5 winner of 'The Voice', Tessanne Chin. From singing back-up to the main stage, Tessanne's rise to stardom has been full of highs and lows. The reigning champ stopped by our offices right after her big win to tell us how she was feeling and revealed a few of her favorite moments from the show.

Check it out!

More From You

156 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
lavamana December 22 2013 at 12:31 AM

Tessanne's voice and personality was amazing. I could listen to any song she graces us with. Jerry W - you don't speak for me and thousands of Americans who voted for her. Tessanne - I'm looking forward to listen to your first album.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
Jerry Worley December 21 2013 at 11:33 PM

Chin needs to thank the people of Jamaica for her votes, cause without them she does not make the top 20. She was not even close to having the best voice of all of those great singers. And USA voters did not vote for her, and rightly so. But I do wish her well!!

Reply Flag as Abusive -2 rate up rate down
2 replies to Jerry Worley's comment
bri6922an December 22 2013 at 10:33 AM

Good New Years resolution........Have the ear wax removed

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Steve1 December 23 2013 at 11:54 PM

You're Just a hater. You're also crazy and without any knowledge of the industry of what a great voice is. She was not my favorite but she was flawless on every performance and rightfully so the winner.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Bill December 21 2013 at 9:09 PM

I thought Tessanne was amazing, and voted for her in the Finals. I didn't vote since the 1st week because I prefer Country, and both the Country ladies were voted off... by their judges. Of course, Christina cut Olivia Henken, her awesome Country vocalist. She is not about to promote Country too far. But when Blake cut Shelbie Z, (his ONLY Country singer?!), I was pretty disappointed. She was really a very talented powerhouse Country vocalist.

Instead he saves Ray B., a mellow bluesy kind of singer. He ends up with 3 guys who don't really fit into the more popular genres. Plus, 2 were way too laid back to win this kind of show: Cole and Ray. Blake did try to push Cole into singing Country, but it just didn't quite fit. So I figured Blake was, as he actually told Adam, throwing this season. He was probably told it was another coach's (and another genre's) turn to win, as he sure seemed subdued this time around.

Anyways, I hope they all have great music careers, the Top 3 and the rest.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
jorczak9 December 21 2013 at 8:20 PM

I can't understand anything she says.

Reply Flag as Abusive -5 rate up rate down
maria_medina12 December 21 2013 at 8:18 PM

Many talented vocalists on The Voice, but when I heard Tessanne's awesome voice, from the beginning I knew she was the winner. I found her to be humble to the core, with a sweet soul. I wish you much success Tessanne.

Reply Flag as Abusive +4 rate up rate down
psalms91canopy December 21 2013 at 8:04 PM

I hope she use some of that money to help all those poor people in Jamaica. They worship her like a Godess. I love her but she is not to be worship.

Reply Flag as Abusive -3 rate up rate down
BERT December 21 2013 at 7:50 PM

good choice. she deserved to win

Reply Flag as Abusive +4 rate up rate down
Nancy December 21 2013 at 7:47 PM

She ( Tessanne) should not have won! Either of the other 2 would have been better. She was so pushy and not my favorite. I guessed that when Celine Dion sang with her, she was going to win.
Let us hope she spends some money to help the Jamaica people. Also, get her to learn English!!

Reply Flag as Abusive -8 rate up rate down
4 replies to Nancy's comment
aabmhbetty December 21 2013 at 7:44 PM

This girl is so awesome and has such a wonderful voice. She absolutely deserved to win the competition. I wish her all the luck in her career and I am sure she will succeed and be very happy.

Reply Flag as Abusive +8 rate up rate down
elisapedraza December 21 2013 at 7:17 PM

I am very glad that she won. It was close but at the end she was flawless and very deserving, anyone can comment about singing but it really takes a lot to do this sort of thing.

Reply Flag as Abusive +8 rate up rate down