Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad for him

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama says he's not brooding about 2013, despite a series of setbacks.

The president said at a year-end news conference from the White House Friday that as long as the economy is improving and he's helping families, he's OK.

Obama's approval rating has been at record lows recently. But he joked that in the seven years since he launched his presidential campaign, the media has, quote, "recorded 15 near-death experiences."

He acknowledged frustration that he didn't get the legislative reforms he wanted, specifically mentioning gun control and immigration. And he said his health care law hasn't worked the way it should have.

But he said he's going to keep working on his agenda and predicted 2014 would be "a breakthrough year for America."

bahystyck December 20 2013 at 3:50 PM

The man is a statist communist, a lying narcissist of the worst kind who hates the Unitied States and all we stand for. He race baits and plays class against class. He has achieved nothing than to divide us more and drive black folks deeper into proverty at to the benefit of himself and his radical elitist pals.

Nancy December 20 2013 at 3:48 PM

He can spin any which way...he is inexperienced, should never have been at the helm and we need to hope the country doesn't sink further with his Obominable Care!

bad9iron December 20 2013 at 3:47 PM

I agree with the President as I know that the country will rid itself from a Democrat controlled Congress to one that has the entire country at heart and not just the Obama crony's. I'm sure that when all the Obama care fallout hits the fan Obama will be lucky if he's not run out of Washington on a rail. If Obama thinks that ruining the best health care system in the world is breakthrough quality than he will accomplish his goal unless the people put a stop to his arrogance and feed him some humble pie. If Obama care is an example of what we can expect next from him all I can say is God help us. But we all know the old saying that God helps those who help themselves. And I'm sure that is what the real country will do and not the far left liberals who want a society where everything goes regardless of the consequences! Obama is right, we need CHANGE..

moo2you2001 December 20 2013 at 3:47 PM

if you like your plan?? you can stick it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth December 20 2013 at 3:36 PM

I think he meant to say "What, me worry?"

kkraftbob December 20 2013 at 3:22 PM

Real un-employment still high, people losing thier health care, more homeless than ever before,
it doesn't bother him because he doesn't care.
Our rights taken away NSA, IRS, Benuazi, Fast and Furious and he lies. Say no more

sem1soup December 20 2013 at 3:22 PM

Will go down as the second worst president behind LBJ and the
Vietnam war.

renner1234 December 20 2013 at 3:22 PM

To Obama any year when he can scam America is a good year.

Obama does not have to live in the Obama Dark Ages and worry about loosing a business or healthcare.

The effects of Obamanomics do not hit the white house or the congress.

So yes he has had a good year.

Obamas lies do not effect him or his family.

Obama foreign policies does not effect him but has made the world less safe.

Yes if I was in his shoes I would feel good, he is going on a million dollar vacation paid for by you and I.

Yes if I was in his shoes I would say the same.

ecasper385 December 20 2013 at 3:50 PM

Unbelievable!
You have to be drinking some sort of koolaid if you believe one thing this guy says.
His inexperience has led to an amazing amount of incompetence, of which of course, he takes no responsibility,Geesh,give me a break.
Very sad.

pipmassa December 20 2013 at 3:22 PM

We can thank him for the race card issues.