Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad for him

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama says he's not brooding about 2013, despite a series of setbacks.

The president said at a year-end news conference from the White House Friday that as long as the economy is improving and he's helping families, he's OK.

Obama's approval rating has been at record lows recently. But he joked that in the seven years since he launched his presidential campaign, the media has, quote, "recorded 15 near-death experiences."

He acknowledged frustration that he didn't get the legislative reforms he wanted, specifically mentioning gun control and immigration. And he said his health care law hasn't worked the way it should have.

But he said he's going to keep working on his agenda and predicted 2014 would be "a breakthrough year for America."

mooncop1 December 20 2013 at 3:37 PM

This president has no clue as to what is going on and waht all Americans should fear most is his idea that 2014 would be a breakthrough year.

Jim December 20 2013 at 3:38 PM

Obama claimed that 2013 hasn't been to bad for him. Unfortunately the same can't be said for the American's who had their health care cancelled as the result of the President's disastrous Obamacare roll out.

gasshauler December 20 2013 at 3:50 PM

I'm a Democrate, but not one of the blind left wing radicals that can't see the forest for the trees. What has he done for us, except try to obliterate the constitution and give millions of dollars to countries that hate us? He was elected on promises to turn around the Busch years. From what I can see ,it's gotten worse. Never again will I vote for any Democrate that is a left wing radical. I've watched the liberals change the Party from what it once was, to the anti democratic amomination it's become today. They have let the Republican ruin unions, move our manufacturing base off shore and cut wages to poverty levels. They used t be the party of the working man. Now they are the party of "agendas"

chefjohnp December 20 2013 at 3:50 PM

Wait a minute, let me get this right. You live in a house subsidized by the American people, you fly around the world on a jet subsidized by the American people, you eat elaborate meals with dignitaries from all over the world which is also subsidized by the American people. You take a limo to everywhere you go, plus you have duplicate jets and limos making the trip just for kicks, all from the pockets of the American people, and 2013 hasn't been so bad for you. ARE YOU FK"IN KIDDING??????????????? If I were you, I'd get my Press Secretary, Cabinet, Advisors, Speech Writers, and the Director of Protocol together and figure out a way to apologize to the very people who put you in the "Hasn't been so bad" seat. Mr. President I hope that in the future if people vote for another Afro-American President it is not because of pigment, but because the person is a fair, trustworthy, loyal, and humble individual who's only goal is to spearhead this country in a productive direction based on our present Constitution and Amendments.

ecasper385 December 20 2013 at 3:50 PM

Unbelievable!
You have to be drinking some sort of koolaid if you believe one thing this guy says.
His inexperience has led to an amazing amount of incompetence, of which of course, he takes no responsibility,Geesh,give me a break.
Very sad.

bahystyck December 20 2013 at 3:50 PM

The man is a statist communist, a lying narcissist of the worst kind who hates the Unitied States and all we stand for. He race baits and plays class against class. He has achieved nothing than to divide us more and drive black folks deeper into proverty at to the benefit of himself and his radical elitist pals.

socalflash December 20 2013 at 3:50 PM

My last posting on AOL was removed within seconds of posting, so AOL censors just the same as huffpost. No difference. I cancelled my $12. per month AOL account because of this issue.

cp5e57 December 20 2013 at 3:51 PM

The country is going downhill faster than ever imagined. I cannot understand how people think the present administration is doing well. Who are these people? Do they not get what is happeneing?
Either the so called progressive movement (and the nerve to call themselves a progressive movement) gets overtaken by the 'common sense' movement, the USA is lost and will become a huge nanny state with citizens wanting more and more handouts.

dsmith2316 December 20 2013 at 3:51 PM

one of the WORST presidents I can recall. Makes me yearn for the Jimmy Carter days.....

bobonaging December 20 2013 at 3:50 PM

The only thing he has done for families is screw them out of their insurance. He is a disaqster and few will admit they voted for him