The biggest scandals of 2013

From the political to the entertaining, this year was full of big scandals. We've rounded up the most shocking, most surprising, and most influential scandals of 2013.

dino December 16 2013 at 2:39 PM

THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!!!!

xwac2 December 30 2013 at 8:06 AM

I think that ENOUGH is ENOUGH . she has suffered plenty over what many people feel was a hugh mistake and there needs to be an end for the consequences and let "forgiveness" kick in so she can go on with her worthwhile life.

Clairovoyant December 16 2013 at 3:12 PM

BECAUSE "Paula Dean" ADMITTED TO MAKING RACIAL STATEMENTS [even though she did not have to and could have lied, like a REAL biggot] that were not appropiate; as a Christian I believe we in the United States of America should take her words as an example of racial discord and FORGIVE HER, LEAVE HER ALONE, DON'T RIDICULE HER ANYMORE and show her what forgiveness means. I am a Black woman and believe people like Paula who may say something in a joyful way can be construed as "racially charged" language. I believe that forgiving her and her honestly of admittance is not just a suggestion; it should be without further adue!!!!!

dorotheapallini Clairovoyant December 16 2013 at 3:20 PM

i agree with you 100% i think this "raciclly charged" is carried on too far, where is the freedom of living in america? people with common sense know right from wrong, but a lot of it is interperated wrongfully

bigbobberxlawyer December 16 2013 at 3:20 PM

I can't believe Paula Deen's comments made the first of your "most shocking, surprising, influential" lists of scandals. Get a grip.

mcmege December 16 2013 at 3:24 PM

What about "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. Period If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Period"? Ah, Huffpo, you are so predictable.

sulandherb mcmege December 16 2013 at 3:29 PM

Is HuffPost and AOL news the same?

hmann131 sulandherb December 16 2013 at 3:37 PM

I'm not sure... I've seen the reference to HP several times today. I know I can't post on HP any more because I'm not on FaceBook.?? No great loss...they would only post about half my comments anyway. I guess I'm a dinosaur...I'm still in the Phone Book.!!

Flag +1 rate up
hmann131 December 16 2013 at 3:28 PM

You CANNOT compare Paula Deen's media "Witch Hunt" with all the Incompetance that the media is trying so hard to disquise in Washington. Obama can easily go 10 for 10 on the biggest scandals, lies and coverups of 2013.

xwac2 December 30 2013 at 7:58 AM

I feel that ENOUGH is ENOUGH for Paula....I believe she has suffered pleanty by now and all consequences for what many people see as bad behavior needs to come to an end at some point and forgiveness needs to fall in place so that she can go on with her life.

Joepalooka xwac2 December 30 2013 at 8:58 AM

it was a different time when people of Ms Dean's age (and older) used such language 'so casually' and while incorrect (of course) her improper choice of words might have (likely) shown a bias but not necessarily a prejudice she acted on. We should appreciate the older generation that have moved past 'the past' and now understand the harm from hurtful language. Good Lord, there were many, many, many slang words that were accepted then that clearly are understood to be wholly inappropriate today ('jerry-rig', 'jew someone', etc etc).

hartwellbuilder Joepalooka December 30 2013 at 9:12 AM

'Ere, are you saying it's politically incorrect to go and pick up some diesel in my jerry cans?

Flag 0 rate up
mytiggyboomboom December 16 2013 at 3:38 PM

Really? Everyone has been duped at some time in their lives. This is not such a biggie.

Winnie December 30 2013 at 6:54 AM

That was the most stupidist 'scandal' ever publized. Paula Deen saying the N word years ago. Haven't we all? The black people now are still saying it buty that's ok.. One troublemaker can ruin a person's life forever by just being pettty

mytiggyboomboom December 16 2013 at 3:41 PM

Good riddance to Weiner. He needs to get a great therapist, not be a mayor (although New York is also called "Sin City" so maybe it's appropriate).