AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game

DENVER (AP) - At least three people were stabbed in a parking at Sports Authority Stadium Field at Mile High after the Denver Broncos' game Thursday night.

Police spokesman Steve Warneke said three males were stabbed, and a fourth may have been stabbed, but that person left the scene.

Police have several people in custody and are not currently looking for other suspects. None had been formally charged as of just after midnight.

Police say that the incident was called in at 9:55 p.m.

Warneke described the scene as "very chaotic" and said police don't know what led up to the fight. He said police did not know whether the men had attended the game.

The Denver Post (http://bit.ly/18HGZb1) reports there were multiple eye-witnesses.

Warneke said one person was initially in critical condition, but all are conscious and talking

Stadium Management Company issued an email stating that it is working with authorities.

The Broncos lost 27-20 to the San Diego Chargers.

The stabbing Thursday is just one of several recent incidents involving football fans.

Earlier this month in Kansas City, Mo., a man died after an altercation in the Arrowhead Stadium parking lot during Kansas City's game against Denver.

In September in San Francisco, a teenage fan suffered a concussion and a broken arm and nose at Candlestick Park after police say he was attacked during the 49ers' game against Indianapolis.

More From You

217 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
squeegiemelon December 13 2013 at 11:06 PM

I AM GLAD THAT NO ONE GOT HURT AND THAT THEY DIDN'T DIE

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
lst361 December 13 2013 at 9:32 PM

What's with Colorado, man? Crossing that state off my bucket list for sure.

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
1 reply to lst361's comment
hhdcranch December 13 2013 at 11:26 PM

lmfao thats the stupidest thing i ever heard. Colorado has the 3rd lowest crime rate in the country! and where are you from?

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
casey1911 December 13 2013 at 9:16 PM

With still another school shooting around Denver today, it drives home the message none of us are safe. I lived in Aurora, CO for 2 years back 35 years ago when such acts were unthinkable. With the third recent notable gun shooting in the Denver area I am glad to be moved from that area. But guess where I live now? Where I grew up in a suburb of Detroit. We have gotten slammed with our crime rate for years, deservably, but see a new direction with our newly elected major Mike Duggan. Really believe Detroit will adventually rise from the ashes.

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
TR December 13 2013 at 7:45 PM

I have been at stadiums where fans act like that. They are animals and should be banned for life. It is just a game. T

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
Mean Gene December 13 2013 at 6:47 PM

where the charged men denver residents?...I didn't see if they were.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Mean Gene December 13 2013 at 6:46 PM

My God...Life is too prcious. I hope this wasnt blind rage from a game loss....pathetic.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Seektruth50 December 13 2013 at 5:29 PM

look in the mirror and tell me if we are not reaping what we have sown

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
sbc2104 December 13 2013 at 5:04 PM

I'm not questioning whether or not alcohol should be sold at these events, but where does it say in this article, that alcohol is a contributing factor? I have read it twice and have yet to see it mentioned anywhere.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
Mike December 13 2013 at 4:38 PM

Should not sell beer at the games...usually this contributes to the stupid actions. I live in a city with 3 pro teams quite going due to the drunks (and it isn't even considered one of the "out of control" cites)

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Larry December 13 2013 at 4:25 PM

Apparently sports hooligans aren't limited to just British soccer games!

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down