Over and out: the 9 style trends to retire in 2014
Most regrettable trends come with warning signs: Do your teeth set off metal detectors? Are your lashes prone to tangling? Are your shoes ugly and uncomfortable?
- Riiiiight. Because the problem with sneakers was that they were actually comfortable.
- At least braces straighten your teeth.
- What's the opposite of flattering? Oh right—these.
- Not advised unless your style is best described as "college kid shuffling through airport."
- Further proof that there is nothing real about the Housewives.
- Or you could just strap chopping blocks to your feet.
- As disturbing to the fashion lobby as they are to the animal-rights one.
- They're big, they're bulbous, and no one really knows what's inside: They're the UFOs of hairstyling!
- There are exceptions. Pro volleyball players and eight-year-olds come to mind.
Click through the gallery above to see this year's crop of bad fads.
More from Allure:
50 Beauty Products to Try Before You Die
Celebrity Hairstyles That Will Make You Look 10 Years Younger
5 Short-Hair Styling Mistakes to Avoid