Man banned from all Walmarts for life

Man Banned From Walmart's Worldwide Over Price Matching

'Good Morning America' reports an Arizona man is now banned for life from Walmarts worldwide. Joe Cantrell said he was trying to get a price matched at the store, and an associate told him it wasn't allowed. He complained to management and left. When he returned a few days later, Cantrell was handcuffed and charged with threatening, intimidation and disorderly conduct. KTAR reports that a Walmart spokesman said the associate felt threatened.

Leon Wells December 12 2013 at 3:52 PM

So are they going to send this guys picture to every Wal-Mart in the world in case he tries to "sneak" into one of the stores?

Jackie Leon Wells December 12 2013 at 4:09 PM

Yep, you summed up quite well, just how completely ridiculous this truly is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Leon Wells December 12 2013 at 4:33 PM

What if he wears a disguise or gets a face transplant?

ANTON December 12 2013 at 11:46 AM

Lucky guy, I banned myself from wal-mart, I have always hated shopping there. In the last 20 years I have went there maybe 4 times, not counting the 6 months I worked there and even then I did not shop there even though we got a 10% discount which pretty much covered the tax which in my state is 9.5... We also tax food in my state so be it grocery or non grocery items the last thing I bought at walmart was a bag of dog food and a couple of avocados which was about 5 year ago.. Just a personal choice not to shop there, I wish more people would do the same and see wal-mart for what it really is, it is not the same store Sam Walton had in mind when he started wal-mart...

Richard L Frary ANTON December 12 2013 at 2:31 PM

I agree with Anton above. Walmart stores are understaffed, there is never anyone to help you and the check out lines are too long. Heard the Managers get a big monthly commission based on keeping overhead low.

Delores December 12 2013 at 12:31 PM

I shop at Wal-Mart and the employees and some of the managers are rude. Wal-Mart is not customer service friendly on the whole. I have had my fair share of run in with the employees, they talk about the customers in front of the customers when a problem arises. Which that should never happen. The fruit and vegetables are not that fresh. I can bring them home and less in 3 days if they are not eaten or cooked you have to throw them out. The onions and potatoes literally grow sprouts within a weeks time, I don't shop there anymore unless I have to. I live in a small community in the mountains and we don't have many resources unless we go out of town or off the mountain and Wal-Mart knows this. If Sam Walton knew how the company he started many years ago was run today he would literally be embarrassed.

sjk09s December 12 2013 at 11:55 AM

I ahopped at walmart last weekend. Not a pleasant experience. first , saw police leading a fsmily out of the store (shoplifting probably), second , you could literally bend the "fresh" brocolli i looked at. Third, people were yelling at other drivers for taking their parking spots. Merry Christmas...

Beautiful December 12 2013 at 11:03 AM

Punching a little girl cashier in the face and trashing the place is grounds for arrest and a banning I would think. They don't say what 'really happened'.

John December 12 2013 at 10:58 AM

How lucky can one man be to be banned from Walmart.

Charlene December 12 2013 at 10:57 AM

Hopefully this will help him find a better place to shop. Idiots. (Walmart) They are sending a customer off to another store. I shop at other places and don't have a problem with price matching. They still make money off of me and know I will return. Apparently they never watched Miracle on 34th St.

grlsrm200 December 12 2013 at 11:35 AM

Big deal....Sir, you won't miss much. Most to their stuff is from China. anyway.

Delores grlsrm200 December 12 2013 at 12:33 PM

You got that right... Sam Walton would have never bought from China to make a dollar..

fjmanzari December 12 2013 at 10:44 AM

he must have made a pretty bad impression the first time he asked for the price match for somebody to remember him the second time he went in there. If you don't like WalMart don't shop there. Seems like too many folks want to look for a reason to dislike them? This is currently a free country shop where you like but I don't need to hear all your stores about why you don't shop there I can make my own decision

Pauline December 12 2013 at 9:35 AM

As usual there's little or no extensive information about a situation like this by a reporter. Did surveillance show anything in favor of one or the other? It seems that people are so quick to call the police anymore about anything and everything. My 17 year old granddaughter had a Kroger store clerk call the police on her one time when she went into the store at 8 pm on evening and questioned the clerk about over charging her when something was on sale. He told the officer he felt threatened when she told him he needed to get better training on his job. The officer told him he didn't see anything out of the ordinary so he left. I went in the next day and the clerk, a big ole oaf of a looking guy - probably about 20 or so - was standing there shuffling groceries across his register looking bored and slow. I left as I just wanted to see what he looked like.

Pauline Pauline December 12 2013 at 9:38 AM

Of course there was no law enforcement called in this case but it is another example of people who can't handle a situation that probably most of the time should just call it having to deal with the public in general - as long as there's no life threatened.