AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Madonna and Brahim Zaibat breakup: More May - December romances

Madonna and her much-younger boyfriend, Brahim Zaibat, announced their split today after three years of dating. But while they couldn't make it work, a lot of Hollywood couples have proven that age is just a number.

More From You

129 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
wonderwhy6169 December 12 2013 at 9:58 PM

Age is only a number...So is MONEY..

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Jackie December 12 2013 at 5:47 PM

Yeah..............and who didn't already know this?

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
joannival December 12 2013 at 4:31 PM

But love making isn't the only thing that will keep a relationship going - after awhile if not noticed at the beginning is the different interests - dancing is different, choice of music is different. Recently I went out with a guy younger and he didn't know any of the old movies or even actors and of course lots of my music and I'm a singer. So eventually you realize you have very little in common and that relationship is doomed.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
Hector Gonzalez December 12 2013 at 12:32 PM

My congratulations to all those couples. Age does not mean anything. You can still make love and get lots of pleasure regardless of your age. Age adds maturity to sex.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
TURBINE TOM December 12 2013 at 12:10 PM

age is only a number

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
2 replies to TURBINE TOM's comment
kinglatootha December 12 2013 at 12:42 PM

It's a number, all right, the number of arthritis medications that you take every day.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Super Paul December 12 2013 at 1:03 PM

jesus,, "age is only a number".. it's also a life indicator on when you'll be dead.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
FRIEDA December 12 2013 at 12:07 PM

What about older women with younger men?

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to FRIEDA's comment
Tom Scheurer December 12 2013 at 1:12 PM

men are babies and will not take responsibility for the marriage if married to a much older woman...she becomes "Mommie".

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
Your Grace December 12 2013 at 11:34 AM

During our time together we'd joke that it was people like George Soros or Rupert Murdoch with their 40 year difference - but I was neither rich nor famous. Since she was from another country everything was new and different - as I am childless, it had all the aspects of the seasonal holidays seen through fresh eyes, and she fell in love for the first time in her life. Knowing at my age that heartbreak is survivable, I jumped in with her. Today I noticed she's talking about our Christmas party in 2009 on her blog - we never lost contact, she was indeed able to fall in love again, and we look back without a bit of regret. When she got married, again it was nearly like seeing a daughter as well as a friend and companion entering a new life - and deeply happy that she'd have someone who'd last a little longer and love her just as deeply. We always thought it was impossible but somehow - it worked - I walk now with a spring in my step as she distributes recipes for walnut Christmas cake to her friends around the world. We were the lucky ones. We still are.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
denoferth December 12 2013 at 11:28 AM

Great! Maybe there's hope for Liv Taylor and me yet.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Peter Nardo December 12 2013 at 11:24 AM

An old guy marring a much younger lady is really amusing.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
1 reply to Peter Nardo's comment
klassikars December 12 2013 at 12:17 PM

Not so amusing to the older guy... just because you get on in years, doesn't make you dead below the belt.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
1 reply to klassikars's comment
hgnorthbayfoods December 12 2013 at 12:27 PM

Your right. That's why my girlfriend is buying me a belt buckle for Xmas with miseltoe hanging off of it. I'm 76

Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
fathchuck December 12 2013 at 10:54 AM

So it's now news when boyfriends and girlfriends breakup?

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
1 reply to fathchuck's comment
jaybe1333 December 12 2013 at 11:18 AM

I don't think age differences are the reason for breaking apart, if the woman is mature enough in her brain.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to jaybe1333's comment
sjk09s December 12 2013 at 12:03 PM

Ah, who wants to be with some 70 something guy when you are only in your 50's. its all about the $$. Not love. thr gals will take off when the guys start needing depends.

Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down