Kate Middleton recycles gown for THIRD time for film screening, rocks 3D glasses
- Prince William and Kate arrive for the screening of David Attenborough's Natural History Museum Alive 3D film at the Natural History Museum in London.
- Kate wore her bespoke lace Temperley London gown, last seen on a visit to St. Andrews in November 2012 as well as to the premiere of War Horse in January of 2012.
- Earlier today, Kate and William payed their respects to Nelson Mandela at the South Africa House in London, Kate in a black and white polka dotted suit.
- For the screening, Kate chose not to carry a bag, but wore the diamond bracelet that is believed to have been a gift from Prince Charles. It's clearly a favorite! (Um, it would be ours, too.)
- Kate is clearly a huge fan of Temperley London designs, and the feeling is mutual! Alice Temperley said recently of the Duchess that she's "the perfect modern day woman."
- The Duke looked smart in a black tux and bowtie. Should go well with their 3D glasses for the screening!
- The royal couple looked happy and relaxed for their date night, as Kate furthered her support of British brands.
- Kate has been Patron of the Natural History Museum in London since April of this year, a role previously held by Princess Diana.
- It looks to us as though Kate is wearing her Jimmy Choo Cosmic pumps with the gown.
- The Duchess looked lovely in the figure-hugging gown, showing no signs of baby-induced loss of sleep!
- The Duchess spoke with British naturalist David Attenborough before his screening began.
- The Duchess was more eager to wear her glasses than Wills, it seems!
- We wish she'd gotten a bedazzled pair, at least... she is a Princess after all!
- Kate really got a kick out of William in his 3D glasses (once he put them on).
- Front row seats! We just can't get over the whole black tie formal... with plastic glasses thing.
- Kate meets an ADORABLE child after the screening.
Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, attended a film screening with Prince William this evening at the Natural History Museum in London. The Duchess wore her beloved Temperley London black lace gown for the occasion, previously seen at two events in 2012. Thrifty Kate strikes again!
Clearly a huge fan of Temperley's designs, Kate and her sister Pippa both wear the British designer often. Kate first wore the black gown from tonight to attend the premiere of War Horse in London, and then later while she and William visited St. Andrew's University during its 600th Anniversary, where they met. At these two events, Kate accessorized differently, choosing a black clutch for the War Horse premiere and her red Alexander McQueen clutch while at St. Andrew's. The visit to their Alma Mater was also in advance of Remembrance Sunday 2012, so Kate's red bag matched her bright Poppy pin perfectly.
The love for Temperley London goes both ways -- as earlier this week Alice Temperley gushed that the Duchess is "the perfect modern-day woman," and a great champion of British fashion. We must agree, as anything Kate wears (which is typically by a British brand) flies off shelves -- yes, even multi-thousand dollar dresses!
The film screening tonight was a 3D production: David Attenborough's Natural History Museum Alive. So yes, the Duke and Duchess had to wear 3D glasses, and what better accessory to go with Kate's diamond bracelet and William's bow tie?! The pair seemed to be having a lot of fun on their date night. (But why don't they get fancy 3D glasses? Ours for Titanic 3D were WAY cooler...)
Photo: WPA Pool/Getty Images
Click through the gallery above for more photos of Kate and William's evening!