Top toys for Christmas 2013

Every year, the Toy Retailers Association unveil their predictions for the most popular holiday toys at the DreamToys convention. At this year's Christmas Preview, 11 toys were named - see all of their picks below.

Take a look at last year's top toys - the InnoTab is back this year with the 3S upgrade and who would have thought that Furby would be back on top?

dollibug December 07 2013 at 2:20 PM

X BOX ONE was just released and they can not be found anywhere now.....I hope the company gets stuck with withholding them from the public....the company should be QUITE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES for doing such. This happened with the other game consoles as well....Nintendo did the same thing many years ago when my children were young. Sad that children see the advertisements and then the parents can NOT find them.

JON dollibug December 07 2013 at 7:00 PM

Wait till after Xmas they will be 1/2 of what it cost before xmas

WatergirlHawaii JON December 07 2013 at 7:53 PM

Maybe some budget-constricted hacker will hack into Norad's Santa Tracker to slow him down and cause Santa to officially arrive a few days late, so everyone can take advantage of all the after Christmas sales!!!

Flag 0 rate up
rini1946 December 08 2013 at 12:00 AM

Take them to the zoo, art museum or some other activity then dinner. they will remember that more than a imported toy. The advantage is that would that you would put someone to work the money stays here and maybe more than one person not looking for your job. And also part of it will go back into taxes.

rini1946 rini1946 December 08 2013 at 12:05 AM

sorry forgot my kid, nieces and nephews loved it. they still talk about when uncle ronnie took us to the circus or a disney on ice. And never had to worry that one would complain that someone got a better gift all of them were equal

Tommy rini1946 December 08 2013 at 12:32 AM

If you live in Saint Louis you can take them to these places for free! Our Zoo and museums are free for all and the Zoo is the #1 zoo in the USA! Plus there are no taxes on the cool stuff you can buy in the gift shops from all over the world.

painmedicine1 Tommy December 08 2013 at 11:34 AM

Agree with St. Louis comments. We do have the best zoo, and Forest Park is a treasure. I travel a lot and visit lots of zoos, and ours is truly one of the top 2 or three in the world!

Flag +1 rate up
jacianf December 08 2013 at 12:50 AM

,OK Why can we have a Christmas tree. Yet All the corect words are not ChristmAnd I 'm 69 yeas old I am tired of kissing butt For every twit that came here for freedom, But wants we who were here from the beginning. It's who we are All of us who came through from the other side of the big pond. I remember we The People. So Marry Christmas to all and to all a good night I Love this country!!!!

Russ December 08 2013 at 1:13 AM

Tinker toys, Lincon logs, Erector sets... are they all apps now ?

Ann Russ December 08 2013 at 9:22 AM

Russ, I think these were all banned because they could put someone's eye out:)

Stacey December 08 2013 at 3:28 AM

like robot fish.

Ann Stacey December 08 2013 at 9:22 AM

I liked that one too and I'm an old lady. Benefits of an aquarium with no mess or dead fish to flush!

chckpope December 08 2013 at 11:15 AM

They are probably made in China and painted with lead paint. No thanks, I'll just keep giving to their college funds.

beverlyamy1 chckpope December 08 2013 at 12:28 PM

ill bet you have at least 10 items in your house thats made in china.....dont lie either.

Bernmad December 08 2013 at 4:31 PM

Not one of these toys has a name or a description. Makes it difficult to see if I would want to buy it for my grandchildren.

lmlowery12 Bernmad December 08 2013 at 5:06 PM

There is a name of the toy at the bottom of the black box in the left corner. I agree though it is not user friendly or shopper friendly.

SheilaJeanne lmlowery12 December 08 2013 at 6:43 PM

I did see the name (correction to ME),but who cares what its called if their is no description. Here I thought I had hit on a shopping help. Not much.

Flag 0 rate up
SheilaJeanne Bernmad December 08 2013 at 6:41 PM

I absolutely, totally AGREE!! I looked for an explanation of the toys, but .....!

Robert Esters December 08 2013 at 5:09 PM

Help! I am looking for a radio that has a CD player and IPad dock. Any ideas??

lovelymoren December 08 2013 at 5:40 PM

Hey "FWHAMILL", U R absolutely right, lmao!

Comfy Paws December 09 2013 at 3:33 AM

Four gift rule:
1 thing they want
1 thing they need
1 thing to wear
1 thing to read
Even better if at least one of those things is homemade.