Russia outraged by giant Louis Vuitton anniversary suitcase

Click here for more news on AOL.com
Russia Red Square Suitcase
MOSCOW (AP) - Politicians didn't like it, the public didn't like it, so the gigantic Louis Vuitton suitcase is being booted out of Red Square.

The GUM department store on Red Square, which is responsible for 30-feet (nine meters) high and 100-feet (30-meters) long construction, promised in a statement released Wednesday that it would be dismantled.

Politicians and public alike condemned the exhibit, a stone's throw from the tomb of communist leader Vladimir Lenin. State news agencies reported that the Kremlin had demanded the removal of the display.

The construction is part of an exhibition called "The Soul of Travel," marking Vuitton's 150th anniversary and was to open on Dec. 2. Louis Vuitton said the construction was a copy of a model owned by a Russian noble, Prince Vladimir Orlov.

Click here for more news on AOL.com

paradisos3 November 29 2013 at 10:31 AM

I DO NOT SEE ANY PROBLEM WITH IT.IT IS AN EXHIBITION.TAKE IT, AS AN ART.

incars6000 November 29 2013 at 11:33 AM

this story put me to sleep..zzzzzzz

Sherrie Dobbie November 29 2013 at 11:33 AM

In a world of real problems, I clearly am not getting all the fuss. Not enough in the article.

Larry November 29 2013 at 11:36 AM

The article still doesn't say WHY they didn't like it.

amyxa813 Larry November 29 2013 at 11:58 AM

They didn't like it on the Red Square, because this ugly constriction doesn't belong to the historical center of Moscow. It should be placed in any other appropriate place. I am sure, people would appreciate this event much more.

erkeener November 29 2013 at 11:44 AM

In reality it is an evil jack-in-the-box sprung with a giant bobble-headed Snowden. Actually, I am typing this from inside the chest and I am working for NASA. Sincerely, it is It is a Pandora's box in which Hope has been removed. It is full of nothing but Expectation,
(very bad for a communist country. Actually I'm typing this from inside the box. Actually I'm working for NASA. Actually, like the article, I'm not sure of anything at all.

yenta72 November 29 2013 at 11:53 AM

Do you know how many people can live in that?

usci1 yenta72 November 29 2013 at 11:55 AM

As many as would want to?

RockNHula yenta72 November 29 2013 at 12:10 PM

That was the old communist theory--how can there be rich people when there are poor sots who are miserable? The result of that was--everyone became a poor sot and miserable. It's one of the reasons communism failed, and the Russians today talk about those times, with nostalgia.

awwtfp RockNHula November 29 2013 at 12:51 PM

I am so tired of the old communism was terrible routine. How come when I visited the eastern bloc, actually lived there for a few months, many of the older people hated the modern form of mercantilism that replaced communism. They were all concerned about their retirement and what they would do it the weak economy were to go into recession?

It was an interesting look into the real people instead of these talking head experts. But truthfully the younger people were into capitalism because the barriers on pop culture and new cars had receded however the older people were ALL concerned how they would cope with old age without any kind of guarantee of their survival..
Every American I met was dumbfounded by their responses. We all expected them to be ready to greet the capitalist with joy but it was more or less pffft...

Flag 0 rate up
usci1 November 29 2013 at 11:55 AM

Hmmmm could the P. W. O. letters mean Politburo Wants Out? or Putin's Wasteful Organization?

cbkqmom November 29 2013 at 11:55 AM

"Reason it rubbed people the wrong way " ... uhm.... I would have actually liked to see a REASON- you know, where a reporter talked to people and got an actual answer?

Elizabeth cbkqmom November 29 2013 at 11:57 AM

had to go back and read it again because I thought I missed it!

GVREALTY November 29 2013 at 12:15 PM

Could it be that the box contains "Hope and Change?"

belldon10 GVREALTY November 29 2013 at 12:27 PM

No, it contains a useless Teapot.

Silver City belldon10 November 29 2013 at 12:53 PM

Maybe...and that's almost as useless as Hope and Change see you at the socialism rally comrade

Flag 0 rate up
Brandi November 29 2013 at 12:17 PM

What is going on with this article? All the questions I'm left with distracted me from the point. Guess this passes for journalism these days!

blindskeeter Brandi November 29 2013 at 12:46 PM