The lazy girl's guide to your winter hair routine
By The Beauty Experts at: L'Oréal Paris
This winter, don't stress it. The coldest season of the year often means indulging in your favorite leggings and sweatshirt set, easing up on your beauty routine, and perhaps a little shaving hibernation. Cuddling up on the couch is the new ideal Friday night plan. And after all of that fun trying fall hair trends, your tresses deserve a vacation, too. The winter winds and wool hats can mean bad news for your luscious locks. Avoid overworking your tresses in order to maintain healthy hair as you transition from fall to winter.
Check out these simple stress-free tips for your best winter hair yet:
1. A Little Lazy Goes A Long Way. The best way to take care of your hair during the winter is to actually be a little lazy. Just washing your hair less often already helps to retain shine. Reduce your hair washing routine to no more than three times a week.
2. Be A Golden Girl. Play with a new hair color, like L'Oréal Paris Couture™ Iced Golden Brown, this season and go fashionably messy when it comes to your hairdo. Look like a brunette boss with a messy braid pulled to the side topped off with a statement hair tie. Fishtail braids are perfect for winter as your style can still be bold with a beanie on.
3. Take A Vacay From The Heat. Take a vacay from daily styling your hair with heat tools. Indoor heating sucks moisture from your hair during the winter and flat irons, blow dryers and curling irons only add to this strain on your hair which can bring on breakage.
4. Have Some Ballerina Bun Fun. Dark hair looks great twisted into a bun when the weather gets chilly. Have fashionable fun with L'Oréal Paris Féria® Violet Soft Black this season by taking your hairdo all the way to the topknot. Since the winter wind will get to it, you can skip stressing over the wisps that poke out for a messy ballerina bun. Perfect winter hair in seconds.
3. Deep Conditioners Are Your New BFF. To combat the season's stresses on your hair, regularly treat your hair to a deep conditioning treatment which helps to bring back moisture and maintain strong strands. If you can't go a day without your flatiron, be sure to massage a heat protect serum through your hair before applying any heat.
5. Go For A Knockout Color Combo. There's nothing like L'Oréal Paris Féria® Rich Mahogany Red with winter white accessories for a sophisticated yet stylish statement. Moisturize your hair from root to tip, give your hair a quick blowout and use gold pins to pull back the top sides for a complete chic look that can face the chill.
6. The Cold Isn't Always Bad. Although it's not always easy during the winter months, rinsing out your conditioner with cold water is an easy trick to maintain shiny hair. It's all about going easy on your hair during the winter - even when it comes to hairdos.