A Beginner's Guide to Super Mario 3D World: Power-Up List, Infinite Lives
If you're playing Super Mario 3D World and need some help, here's where you can get started. Be warned. This is not an easy game to get through, and you'll need some good old-fashioned gaming skills to get all the way through to the end. And if you want to get 100% competition, you've got your work cut out for you. Below we've got a starter's guide to get you up and running, followed by a power-up guide. And then finally, we've got a video that shows you how to get infinite lives, should you need that many!
So let's get started!
There are five heroes in the game, each of whom has their own strengths and weaknesses. At various points during the game, you'll need to play as each one, since there are switches in the game that can only be activated by a specific character. Here's a quick run-down of each character:
- Mario: The most balanced character in the game. Although he doesn't excel in one particular area, Super Mario 3D World was essentially designed around his skill-set, so he's without question the most ideal hero to play as is.
- Luigi: Mario's green-clad bro has the highest jump in the game.
- Princess Peach: She's the slowest character in Super Mario 3D World, but Peach can hover for roughly two seconds, making her a great hero to have while making dangerous leaps.
- Toad: He can't jump very high, but Toad is the fastest character in the game.
- Rosalina: This Super Mario Galaxy alum makes a welcome appearance in 3D World, thanks in large part to her Spin attack that she can use standing still, jumping and moving.
To read the rest of the story, including tips on how to achieve 100% completion, head over to US Gamer.