The Duchess of Cambridge shows her thrifty side in recycled Orla Kiely dress
Kate Middleton and Prince William visited the Only Connect charity offices in London today, an organization that supports young offenders. The Duke and Duchess arrived to cheering crowds, of course, and Kate was wearing a patterned Orla Kiely frock that we've seen once before.
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit the Only Connect head office on November 19, 2013.
- Kate recycled a pretty brown patterned coat dress by Orla Kiely.
- After the frenzy over Kate's hair at their last engagement, close up photos show her hair looking just fab.
- She paired the dress with brown tights and brown ankle boots by one of her favorite go-to boot designers, Aquatalia.
- Kate previously wore the dress in February 2012 during a visit to a school in Oxford.
- Kate's mother, Carole Middleton, is also a fan of Orla Kiely. We are too, we love its fun patterns -- if you look closely, Kate's dress has small birds all over it!
- Kate carried one of her favorite Emmy clutches.
- Kate and William visited Only Connect's London office, and then sat in to learn about a few other programs.
- They were later treated to a dance performance!
- Prince George's mom looked pretty and polished.
- We're curious, did George learn the Princely wave from his mom, or is she taking pointers from him?
The brown and cream dove-printed dress, called The Birdie, was last worn in February 2012 when the Duchess visited a school in Oxford that helps children find confidence through art. And though the dress got some paint on it during that visit, it looks good as new! When Kate first wore the dress, it was available for $260. The Middleton women are clearly big fans of the quirky British brand, with Carole Middleton wearing an Orla Kiely dress when she visited her daughter and Prince George in the hospital, just after the royal baby's birth.
Kate wore brown tights and her trusty Aquatalia ankle boots, carrying a brown Emmy clutch. To the right, you'll see Kate wearing the outfit in 2012. One thing notably different? Her hair! She's wearing it longer now, and with lighter highlights. In 2012 her covetable tresses were a deep espresso brown. The dress flew off the shelves when Kate first wore it, and we expect the phone will be ringing off the hook yet again.
Kate and William spent the day learning more about the organization, touring its offices, and were even treated to a performance before leaving for the day. Kate only has a select few engagements before Christmas, stepping out again tomorrow, while William has ramped up his engagements since leaving the military.
Click through the gallery above to see the pair out in London today!
Photo Credit: Getty Images