Pentagon Awards $196.3 Million in Defense Contracts Thursday
The Department of Defense announced eight new defense contracts worth $196.3 million in aggregate on Thursday. Among the publicly traded companies winning contracts:
- Rockwell Collins was awarded a $46.6 million option exercise instructing it to manufacture and install two Block I modification aircraft kits, including Internet Protocol Bandwidth Expansion Phase III and very low frequency transmit terminals (VTT), into U.S. Navy E-6B Mercury airborne command posts. In addition, Rockwell will manufacture and install four VTT retrofit modification kits into Low-Rate Initial Production E-6B aircraft, and provide field support, training, software licenses and agreements, and updates to an operational flight trainer. Work on this contract should be completed in May 2015.
- ExxonMobil was awarded a contract modification instructing it to supply the U.S. Navy with up to $29.3 million worth of distillate fuel through Dec. 31, 2013.
- General Dynamics' Electric Boat Corp. subsidiary was awarded a $22.5 million contract modification requiring it to manufacture, supply, and test common missile compartment prototype materials for the military forces of the United Kingdom. Deliveries are due by October 2015.
- Lockheed Martin won a $16.8 million firm-fixed-price contract to perform work on the Patriot PAC-3 anti-aircraft missile system through Nov. 30, 2015.
- General Electric's GE Aviation subsidiary won a $13.6 million firm-fixed-price, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract to repair various avionics components in support of multiple U.S. Navy aircraft -- F-18 fighter jets, AV-8B Harriers, V-22 Osprey tiltrotor aircraft, and H-60 Sikorsky helicopters -- through Nov. 15, 2018.
- And finally, Bell Helicopter Textron won an $8.3 million firm-fixed-price contract to manufacture and deliver to the U.S. Navy three Bell 407 helicopters for use in testing improvements to the MQ-8C Fire Scout unmanned helicopter system. Delivery is due in June 2014.
The article Pentagon Awards $196.3 Million in Defense Contracts Thursday originally appeared on Fool.com.Fool contributor Rich Smith has no position in any stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool owns shares of General Dynamics, General Electric, and Textron. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.