10 Things You Need to Know Today

Netherlands 2013 European MTV Awards Show

Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
1. RELIEF IS ON THE WAY TO THE PHILIPPINES
Australia, Japan and various U.S. agencies are among those joining what will swell into a major international relief mission in the coming days.
2. STUDY ABROAD AT ALL-TIME HIGH
Chinese students lead the way among foreigners on U.S. campuses, while Americans are going overseas in record numbers, too.
3. SNOOPY, CALVIN AND BEETLE BAILEY LIVE HERE
The Billy Ireland Cartoon Library and Museum on the Ohio State University campus in Columbus will open to the public Saturday.
4. 'ALL OF A SUDDEN, IT'S LONESOME'
World War II veterans like George Williams, 90, see fewer and fewer of their comrades at reunions, as the march of time takes its toll.
5. WHAT EVERONE'S BEEN KVETCHING ABOUT
A six-week shortage of knishes that started after a fire at a suburban New York factory is expected to be over by Thanksgiving, which coincides with the start of Hanukkah.
6. 2 KILLED, 6 WOUNDED AT HOUSE PARTY
An 18th birthday gathering near Houston turns deadly when someone begins to fire a pistol into the air in celebration, and confusion and panic ensue.
7. WHERE THAT SATELLITE ENDED UP
After running out of fuel last month, the research device re-enters the Earth's atmosphere and disintegrates, causing no known damage.
8. 'ATHEIST MEGA-CHURCHES' SPREAD DISBELIEF
Gatherings of nonbelievers in San Diego, Nashville and other U.S. cities draw hundreds of atheists seeking the camaraderie of a congregation without religion or ritual.
9. OF TOKING AND TWERKING
Singer Miley Cyrus smokes a joint on stage and dances with a dwarf during the MTV EMAs in Amsterdam.
10. WHO'S LEVELING NEW ACCUSATIONS IN DOLPHINS' HARASSMENT CASE
Suspended Miami guard Richie Incognito says teammate Jonathan Martin sent a threatening text a week after their relationship became the subject of a harassment case.

mckenna_robinson November 11 2013 at 8:52 AM

woah, miley actually had some clothes on

joe poniewaz November 11 2013 at 9:15 AM

why do parents allow their kids to still idolize this vermin?? she is no longer a role model. younger kids, especially girls always remember " Hannah Montana ". Well she ain't a kid anymore and parental support for her should stop. Nick has more classier actors today and you can dump Miley in a garbage dumpster where she now belongs

Kma joe poniewaz November 11 2013 at 9:30 AM

We don't. Trust me, we don't. My 12 year old has not listened or watched Miley since her Hannah Montana days. I won't support her trash by paying for her songs on itunes. Ironically, the twerking and dancing half nude is not that big of deal. To me at least. It's her glorifying drug use that does it for me. I am trying to teach my children the dangers of drugs. I don't need Miley telling them how cool it is.

savannahswithgod Kma November 11 2013 at 10:33 AM

Well unless your keeping your kid in a box in the basement I imagine when with friends she is getting all the Miley she wants if that is what she wants. I agree 12 is kinda young for that but I remember passing the old schoolyard from the 60's and see the kiddies there, built better than the seniors in my High School days. Funny how things evolve. And of course the Biz world wants them like that, grown up things are more expensive than kiddie things. Good Luck on your 12 year old. I haven't even heard Miley as Miley or Hannah Montana. Dam good promotion there for both. Again could Biz care about the promotion even if in the end it hurts the person? I think not. Plenty I am sure putting on Hannah Montana's golden slipper as we speak.

Flag 0 rate up
the208man November 11 2013 at 9:15 AM

WHO CARES!

savannahswithgod the208man November 11 2013 at 10:26 AM

Those making money off Miley. They will do her in if they think they can make more!

cla.connie November 11 2013 at 9:18 AM

Maybe she should learn to read her press is not good. This bimbet in on the downhill slide.

ascha79846 November 11 2013 at 9:26 AM

When someone says that one of the 10 things I need to know today involves a celebrity, they lose all credibility.

Bobby November 11 2013 at 9:41 AM

I just ignore anything about Miley Cyrus..

Hi Dona November 11 2013 at 9:54 AM

Miley is a troubled young lady and needs help but, there are a lot more things in this world that we should be worried about. It's Veterans Day! lets show support for those that keep our country safe. A lot of those people came back in body bags. I'm very proud to be an America with all of it's problems. I'm happy that I live here.

savannahswithgod Hi Dona November 11 2013 at 10:19 AM

Eh she's having fun trying to get Hannah Montana out of her. Never do it of course but let her run the gauntlet until she realizes it. Yes I'm getting ready to play SS Amerika 2 ( women led by the Fuhress Savannah win WW2 after winning civil war in the old USA) on the old laptop. Could not wear my SS Ameirka hoodie or SS/BdM T-shirt if in Germany/Israel I guess. America for the moment I can and play the game. War is terrible. Should be only at the game level. "See Saddam, this is what we are going to do. Can you stop it? You can't stop it that way Saddam". So Saddam wises up and makes Iraq a democracy and brings the middle east into a line of joining the rest of the world and working to make it better for all. But alas those in power or the Elite at Washington would rather destroy us for the few they have around them and things of value and statue. And many lives wasted. My dad was a vet, 2 uncles, 2 bosses at work, my cousin. Again a terrible thing to be in, I salute them all. Enslavement of others can never win, it is not in man. He will fight it with all his being and sacrifice his life if it comes to that. All are reincarnated.

mwpschrumpf November 11 2013 at 10:12 AM

As a veteran, Viet Nam, it is a shame that ten things today have very little to do with Veterans and everything about some spoiled little brat. My grandchildren used to like her in the day, but no more!! Who really gives a sh-- about what she does?

Mr C November 11 2013 at 11:04 AM

Will someone please tell this child to go sit down & shut up!!
She is a pure accident waiting to happen & don't know it!!

jeffreyptr November 11 2013 at 11:00 AM

Is number 9 really something anyone needs to know or even care about?

rytrgrrl jeffreyptr November 11 2013 at 11:38 AM

Maxwell Smart's partner was "99" ~ it is definitely significant.