Is Prince Harry teaching Kate Middleton how to fly planes?
- Kate and William shocked commuters as they hopped on to the 1960s Routemaster bus to ride with television personality Barbara Windsor, to meet London Poppy Day staff and volunteers in central London on November 7, 2013.
- Kate played with her engagement ring as she sat engrossed in conversation on the commuter bus.
- William and Kate both wore bright red poppy pins in honor of London Poppy Day.
- When she visited the Tube last year, Kate said she missed taking it every day. Looks like she and William missed the London buses too!
- Kate's bright red coat matched her poppy pins, wearing a long L.K. Bennett coat we've seen before and black court shoes.
- Her hair was worn down and in loose curls, and we're starting to see some highlights in those brunette locks! The pair looked happy to be out and about in London.
- Wills looked sharp in a navy blue suit and striped tie to match his wife's coat.
- Kate seemed delighted to meet London Poppy Day supporters.
- We're loving the bright hue of Kate's coat, and aren't surprised that she stuck to one of her favorite brands: L.K. Bennett.
- How nervous do you think HE is? Playing for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge? Just kidding, of course...
- Kate met with military personnel, staff and volunteers.
- And sometimes the volunteers are pint-sized! Wills met a few young girls who were showing their support today.
- Kate smiles as she and William got off the bus to visit High Street Kensington station and surprise military supporters.
At yesterday's London Poppy Day festivities, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridgestepped out to support fundraising efforts in advance of Sunday's Remembrance Day. When meeting supporters, volunteers and military personnel, Kate spoke with a few army pilots. The Duchess set off a flurry of rumors when she told the pilots that she's taken a few lessons to fly a plane.
According to the Daily Mail, Kate said to the RAF officers: "my grandfather few planes. I've had a few lessons on fixed wing." And since we know that William was a helicopter pilot, and that Prince Harry knows how to fly fixed wing air crafts, many were then wondering if her brother-in-law was her instructor. Can you imagine? It's actually a bit terrifying... not that we doubt Harry's skills!
Kate's been a busy lady as of late, especially if she's adding flight lessons into the mix. Many have commented on the appearance of a few gray hairs on the Duchess's head yesterday -- gasp! She's human! -- which is a common occurrence among new mothers. Experts have noted that many new mothers experience changes with their hair, whether it's color or texture, post-pregnancy, and also that many who choose to breastfeed do not want to use hair dye during that time. Regardless of the reasons, we were more distracted by Kate's new middle part! While she hasn't changed her look much over the last 5 years, she definitely favored a side part before.
So will we be seeing Kate behind the controls of a plane any time soon? Probably not, but it's no surprise that she's interested in learning. After all, Kate and William both have the skies in their genes: Kate's mother was at one time an airline hostess, and her father a dispatcher for British Airways. Her grandfather, the late Peter Middleton, was a RAF pilot and she is said to have been very close to him. Kate's grandfather actually made the family's first "direct royal connection" when he flew with the Duke of Edinburgh as his First Officer on a two-month flying tour of South America. On the 49 flights that Prince Philip piloted, Middleton was often by his side. And of course, both William and Harry have taken to the skies in their military professions. (Daily Mail)
Click through the gallery above to see more photos of Kate and William's day out in London!