Kate and William shock commuters as they hop on a London bus
Kate Middleton and Prince William stepped out today in honor of London Poppy Day. The pair met with Royal British Legion supporters at Kensington Palace, and then shocked everyone when they hopped on a classic London bus to head to High Street Kensington station and visit military supporters and volunteers there. Commuters minding their business on a typical Thursday morning weren't quite expecting to see the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge stroll into the Tube station!
- Kate and William shocked commuters as they hopped on to the 1960s Routemaster bus to ride with television personality Barbara Windsor, to meet London Poppy Day staff and volunteers in central London on November 7, 2013.
- Kate played with her engagement ring as she sat engrossed in conversation on the commuter bus.
- William and Kate both wore bright red poppy pins in honor of London Poppy Day.
- When she visited the Tube last year, Kate said she missed taking it every day. Looks like she and William missed the London buses too!
- Kate's bright red coat matched her poppy pins, wearing a long L.K. Bennett coat we've seen before and black court shoes.
- Her hair was worn down and in loose curls, and we're starting to see some highlights in those brunette locks! The pair looked happy to be out and about in London.
- Wills looked sharp in a navy blue suit and striped tie to match his wife's coat.
- Kate seemed delighted to meet London Poppy Day supporters.
- We're loving the bright hue of Kate's coat, and aren't surprised that she stuck to one of her favorite brands: L.K. Bennett.
- How nervous do you think HE is? Playing for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge? Just kidding, of course...
- Kate met with military personnel, staff and volunteers.
- And sometimes the volunteers are pint-sized! Wills met a few young girls who were showing their support today.
- Kate smiles as she and William got off the bus to visit High Street Kensington station and surprise military supporters.
Kate looked elegant in a calf-length, bright red coat by L.K. Bennett, perfectly matching the poppy pins she was wearing for today's fundraising events. The poppy is the national symbol of Remembrance, and ahead of Remembrance Sunday many are out and about to raise funds. Kate was wearing black court shoes by L.K. Bennett as well, and black stockings to battle the chilly weather. And of course, her belted coat showed off her tiny waist, just a few months after giving birth! William looked just as sharp in a navy blue suit and a striped red and blue tie.
When asked about Prince George, Kate said that he was "half asleep" when they left him, and William said he was "behaving himself this morning."
Commuters said Kate was very interested in the musicians that were playing in the station, even asking one to play, while William seemed quite focused on asking how the campaign was going. According to one service member, "They asked how the appeal was going and whether we were getting support from the public." Fundraisers are going on in over 80 Tube stations across London and it's been a great day so far. (Daily Mail)