Kate Middleton's secret wardrobe stylist revealed -- a royal makeover?
It's been well known for some time now that Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, has foregone a stylist to help with her wardrobe -- until now. And it's not a royal stylist she's turning to, it's her close friend!
- Kate's best friend, Emilia, is a fan of pattern and vintage-inspired styles. Click through to see Kate's latest looks (which apparently may have been influenced by Emilia!) and some looks we think would be best-friend-approved of Kate's past.
Was Kate's Jenny Packham "hot mama" look inspired by Emilia's encouragement? Either way, she looked smokin'!
- Kate was dressed in a subtle, stunning Alexander McQueen for little George's christening, but who would want to upstage the baby of the hour?
- Kate may have recycled this navy striped look from the 2012 Olympics, but we always love a good nautical vibe.
- Kate's sparkly Jenny Packham gown at her first formal engagement was a showstopper for sure.
- Kate looked cute in a patterned Zara top for a walk about Anglesey with William for the annual Ring 'O Fire event.
- Pattern Emilia would approve of! Kate was oh so pregnant when she wore this dalmation-inspired animal print Hobbs coat.
- We loved this floral Erdem dress, and we suspect Kate's best friend would, too.
- You can never go wrong with a pop of color! Kate was glowing in this vibrant Reiss dress.
- While on their tour of Singapore for the 2012 Diamond Jubilee, Kate wore a lot of color and pattern -- including this fun dress from Prabal Gurung.
- Kate arrived in the Solomon Islands wearing a bright Jonathan Saunders dress.
- While on the Island, Kate wore this pretty traditional pink dress. We're loving(and we think Emilia would too) the vibrant colors and stripes of pattern.
- Another super cute pattern, Kate was lovely in lace during the holidays.
- Kate and Pippa attended a friend's wedding, both wearing black and white patterned dresses.
Emilia Jardine-Paterson has been friends with Kate since they were 13, and it looks like becoming one of Prince George's godparents hasn't been her only job of late. (She also reportedly introduced Kate and William years ago -- adding matchmaker to the list!) Emilia may be an interior designer, but Grazia Daily has learned that lately, Kate is turning to her bestie for style advice to spruce up her wardrobe. A source tells the magazine that "Emilia has become increasingly important to her, and Kate always uses her as a sounding board. Emilia is trying to move Kate away from the Middleton neutral palate and push her towards colour or pattern."
Apparently, Kate has always admired Emilia's style (side note: we can't be the only ones who think Emilia looks like Anna Kendrick's twin, can we?!), and Emilia has been trying to get her best friend to appreciate looks that are more "quirky" and colorful, less prim and proper. Looks like the future Queen of England wants to add a little bit of spice to her wardrobe -- and we're looking forward to seeing what changes are to come. We already know the Duchess loves antique shopping -- so we think she'll take kindly to Emilia's love of vintage things.
Now the question on everyone's mind: What will the Queen say?! (Grazia Daily)
Click through the gallery above to see Kate's latest looks, and some of her patterned choices we think Emilia would approve of.