Disney Consumer Products Triples Sales of Disney-Branded Fruits and Vegetables and Showcases New Pro
Disney Consumer Products Triples Sales of Disney-Branded Fruits and Vegetables and Showcases New Produce Selection at PMA Fresh Summit Convention & Expo
More than 3.1 Billion Servings of Disney-Branded Fruits and Vegetables Served
To tweet this release, copy and paste http://bit.ly/DisneyAtFreshSummitto your twitter handle with the hashtag #DisneyProduce
GLENDALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Kid-friendly and parent approved, Disney Consumer Products (DCP booth #783) will showcase its newest selection of "better for you" produce, lunch items, and snacks at the Produce Marketing Association's (PMA) Fresh Summit Convention & Expo on October 18 - 20 in New Orleans, La. Sales of Disney-branded fruits and vegetables have tripled over the last two years, and more than 3.1 billion servings of Disney-themed fruits and vegetables have been served in the U.S. since 2006. Grocery retailers have expanded distribution of Disney-branded produce, and licensees continue to introduce new products featuring beloved characters from Mickey Mouse and Disney Princess to Monsters University and Marvel Super Heroes.
Monsters University-branded Flavorz by Crunch Pak (Photo: Business Wire)
"Disney's growth in the produce arena is a great sign that kids and parents are receiving the message and incorporating more fruits and vegetables into their daily meals," said John T. King, director of licensing, consumables, Disney Consumer Products. "We continue to innovate, delivering flavors that appeal to kids and offering an ever-expanding assortment of fruits and vegetables featuring the Disney characters kids know and love."
Through innovative marketing campaigns and in-store experiences, families have been encouraged to choose more nutritious food options and live a more active lifestyle. For the first time, DCP's PMA booth experience will feature artwork from Marvel and Star Wars, representing the entirety of The Walt Disney Company entertainment brands under one umbrella.
Disney produce to be featured at PMA Fresh Summit include:
- Marvel and Crunch Pak (Booth #403) team up for healthy snacking, with Marvel's The Avengers and Spider-Man featured on custom designed packages of fresh sliced apples, shipping in spring 2014.
- Monsters University-branded Flavorz by Crunch Pak (Booth #403) are apples infused with blue raspberry flavor for a shockingly refreshing taste. Disney Foodles offer delicious combinations of fruits, vegetables and other sides like dips, raisins, crackers or cheese in a fun, Mickey-shaped tray or Disney Princess carriage tray. Both are available at select grocers nationwide.
- Disney-branded mangos by Freska (Booth #441) will launch beginning spring 2014. Four varieties of Mexican mangos including Tommy Atkins, Kents, Keitts and Ataulfos with packaging featuring a variety of Disney characters will be available at select grocers nationwide.
- Disney Berry Quick Fresh Blueberry Snacks by Naturipe (Booth #1647) arepre-portioned, single-serve packs perfect for on-the-go snacks and lunches or a wholesome addition to everyday favorites such as oatmeal, yogurt, parfaits, cereals, salads and desserts. Packs feature classic Disney characters including Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy.
- Disney-branded stone fruit and table grapes from SGS make healthy eating fun! The Disney peaches, plums and nectarines are yummy and nutritious, and Mickey Mouse- and-Donald Duck-themed clams of red and green grapes are an instant go-to snack.
- Disney-branded bagged apples and cherries by Chelan Fresh (Booth #4157) are enough for the entire family to share and come in colorful packaging with information to educate children on how to live a healthier lifestyle.
- Disney-branded grapes by Dayka & Hackett are a tasty anytime treat with fun packaging featuring Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and more.
Disney Becomes "Champion Sponsor" of PMA Foundation's 5K Race for Talent
This year, Disney is serving as the "Champion Sponsor" of the PMA Foundation 5K Race for Talent. More than 1000 participants will join the race and support PMA Foundation's mission to sustain a vibrant global produce industry through initiatives that seek to recruit and retain top talent. At the finish, participants will be treated to Disney-branded produce.
Disney Magic of Healthy Living
Disney Magic of Healthy Living partners with parents to inspire kids and families to lead healthier lifestyles. Through engaging content, useful tools and unique experiences, this company-wide initiative helps parents by making nutritious eating and physical activity simple and fun. As a part of this initiative, Disney Consumer Products has transformed the landscape of Disney-licensed food offerings. DCP maintains a balanced portfolio with 85 percent of all of its U.S. licensed products meeting the company's nutrition guidelines and only 15 percent reserved for special occasion treats.
About Disney Consumer Products
Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYS: DIS) that delivers innovative and engaging product experiences across thousands of categories from toys and apparel to books and fine art. As the world's largest licensor, DCP inspires the imaginations of people around the world by bringing the magic of Disney into consumers' homes with products they can enjoy year-round. DCP is comprised of three business units: Licensing, Publishing and Disney Store. The Licensing business is aligned around five strategic brand priorities: Disney Media, Classics & Entertainment, Disney & Pixar Animation Studios, Disney Princess & Disney Fairies, Lucasfilm and Marvel. Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world's largest publisher of children's books, magazines, and digital products and also includes an English language learning business, consisting of over 40 Disney English learning centers across China and a supplemental learning book program. DPW's growing library of digital products includes best-selling eBook titles and original apps that leverage Disney content in innovative ways. The Disney Store retail chain operates across North America, Europe and Japan with more than 350 stores worldwide and is known for providing consumers with high-quality, unique products. Disney's official shopping portals online are www.DisneyStore.com and www.DisneyStore.co.uk. For more information, please visit Disney Consumer Products www.DisneyConsumerProducts.com or follow us at www.YouTube.com/DisneyLiving, www.Facebook.com/DisneyLiving, www.Twitter.com/DisneyLiving and www.Pinterest.com/DisneyLiving.
About Marvel Entertainment, LLC
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information, visit marvel.com.
KEYWORDS: United States North America California Louisiana
The article Disney Consumer Products Triples Sales of Disney-Branded Fruits and Vegetables and Showcases New Produce Selection at PMA Fresh Summit Convention & Expo originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.