Prince George will spend holidays with BOTH sets of grandparents in yet another break of tradition
It seems that breaking from tradition is the new normal for the royal family! This year, Prince George will get to spend the holidays with both sets of grandparents, as the Queen has invited the Middletons to Sandringham.
- Kate and William with baby George, taken by Michael Middleton.
- Kate and William pose with baby George and pup Lupo.
- One day following George's birth, Kate and William came out to present their son to the world around 7:20pm BST, glowing as new parents.
- Kate looked absolutely stunning, wearing a light blue polka-dotted Jenny Packham dress.
- Happy family!
- Kate looks down at George's little wave as William says hello to the crowd above.
- The couple smiled at well-wishers and press that surrounded the entrance to the Lindo Wing.
- Smiling for the cameras, Kate held their newborn son close.
- He's ready for his close-up! Presenting the Prince of Cambridge.
- Here's the hand-off, gentle as can be, Kate passes their son to William's waiting hands.
- William looking down at his son George.
- Kate looks adoringly at William as he jokes that the baby "has her good looks, thankfully."
- Kate and William laugh with the press -- clearly blissfully happy with their newest addition!
The royal family always spends the Christmas season at Her Majesty's Norfolk estate, though last year Prince William and Kate Middleton spent the holiday with Kate's family in Bucklebury. This year, however, royal sources have told the Daily Mail that "celebrations are set to be extra special after Prince George's arrival." Everyone wants to see the wee Prince celebrate his first Christmas!
Kate's sister Pippa may also receive an invitation, and if so she'll join almost all major members of the royal family at the sprawling estate. Prince Harry, who was unable to attend last year due to his tour in Afghanistan, will be there along with Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Camilla, Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice, as well as the pregnant Zara Phillips and her husband. With the addition of the Middletons to the bunch, it could be one of the largest holiday celebrations in recent history for the Norfolk estate (um, but everyone will probably still have an entire wing to themselves...). And WHAT if rumors are true, and Harry gets engaged before the end of the year? There may be a Bonas joining the group then, too.
Sandringham Estate (Photo: Getty Images)
The family will attend a Christmas service at the estate's church, and this will likely be the first time Prince George is seen in public since his debut to the world in July. The Queen owns somewhere around 150 properties on Sandringham (!!), one of which she has recently bestowed upon the Cambridges, Amner Hall. The new family is expected to move into the home, their very own 10-bedroom country estate, in the next few months. We're sure their pup Lupo will appreciate the space that comes with a country home since he'd gotten so used to living on the isle of Anglesey. The Duke and Duchess are said to be spending quite a bit of money making sure that the home is sufficiently private, comfortable and safe for their new family.
Amner Hall (Photo: Getty Images)
Click through the gallery above to see Prince George's first moments in the spotlight!