Reports say Prince Harry to wed his girlfriend Cressida next year
Ladies, the day may have come. Prince Harry is apparently set to marry his girlfriend, Cressida Bonas. Recent reports have sent the rumor mill a-flutter, with sources -- well, "friends" of the couple -- telling The Telegraph that Harry has finally convinced Cressida to marry him (wait, convinced?!).
- Cressida's bohemian style is quite different from Kate's and if she becomes part of the Royal Family, we'll be interested to see how much of this boho style she holds on to.
- A definite plus when it comes to sister-in-law rivalries, Cressida's blonde locks will keep her from trying to beat Kate's beyond-perfect brunette tresses.
- We're not sure if beanies quite make it onto the top of every royal's must-wear list, but we're digging the leather jacket.
- Well we know she's already in with the family! After all, Harry's cousin Princess Eugenie, pictured, is the one who introduced the duo.
- At a pre-Wimbledon party just this past June, Cressida posed with her sister Isabella in a floral dress with a sparkly jacket.
- Hmm, we're all for recycling clothes (and so is Duchess Kate!) but three days later, Cressie? She wore the same sparkly jacket to attend a friend's wedding on June 23rd, 2013.
- While attending the summer 2013 Glastonbury Music Festival, Cressida rocked neon sunglasses and distressed overalls. We can't help but see Queen Elizabeth II cringing a little bit.
We repeat: Grandma-in-law may not approve of this look!
- Cressida wore a blue dress, black coat with leather sleeves and a flower crown to attend a friend's wedding.
- In March 2014, Cressida looked casual at the We Day Celebration, where she cozied up to Prince Harry.
- One of the first times the couple showed any PDA, they seemed cozy at the We Day event.
- Shortly after her split from Harry earlier this year, Cressida hit the town with Princess Beatrice.
- Cressida attended the Art Antiques London Gala Evening in aid of Children In Crisis at Kensington Gardens in June.
- Cressida wears an LBD and jean jacket as she and her sister Isabella attend an after party following a performance in London.
- Oh boy, more Glastonbury outfits.
- Hopefully if she does, someday, become part of the royal family she won't lose her fun, boho vibe!
- Casual while out and about in London.
- Cressida attended Prince Harry's Invictus Games closing ceremony looking polished in a grey wool coat.
It appears that the Prince's persistence has paid off, and Cressida has overcome her fears of marrying into the royal family (as well as marriage in general -- she is only 24, after all!). Friends have said that "Harry never stops talking about marriage and children, and she has now got used to the idea. The wedding is likely to take place next year."
Betting odds have increased to 8/11 that they'll be engaged by the end of 2013 -- driven up by all of the public sightings of the pair lately. Remember the betting that went on surrounding the royal baby?! Of course people are betting on Harry's love life as well. And as friends of the couple said to the Telegraph, marriage is definitely in the cards: "Cressie is going to marry Harry," they've said.
So is England's most eligible bachelor soon to be off the market? As Harry's been completely smitten with Bonas since he met her in May 2012, we think if it's true that she's coming around to the idea of marriage, it's very likely. We'll be celebrating (and crying a little bit) when we get confirmed news, but as of now it's just reports.
Is anyone else just dying to know how Kate feels about this? Apparently Cressida's older sister, Isabella, was the object ofPrince William's unrequited affection when he had his brief split from Kate in 2007. And we've heard that even though Isabella is now married, Kate isn't too crazy about the idea of their families joining should Harry marry Cressida. How royally dramatic.
Click through the gallery above to see more photos of the woman who may be next in line to join the Royal Family!
Photo Credit: Getty Images