31 perfect October outfits
October is an awesome time, weather-wise: chilly enough to order a hot chocolate but still pleasant enough to linger outside while drinking it. (What's better than that? Nothing, except maybe doing the same thing with a pumpkin spice latte.) And it's the best of both worlds for your getting-dressed process, too: you can go bare-legged without it being weird, but you won't look like a season-pusher if you wear your new favorite coat up top, either.
- Bare legs, bright coat: ready for fall, and happy about it. Click through to shop the look.
- COAT, $448, ROSE A POIS, YOOX.COM
- Classic yet badass. Click through to shop the look.
- LONG SLEEVE POCKET TEE IN STRIPE, $29.99, JCREW.COM
- Velvet can make pretty much any outfit look a little more luxe. It's magic. Click through to shop the look.
- VELVET FULL SKIRT, $38, AMERICANAPPAREL.NET
- Jumper dress + messy eyeliner= the perfect mix of preppiness and undone cool. Click through to shop the look.
- DOT JACQUARD PINAFORE DRESS, $92, TOPSHOP, NORDSTROM.COM
- The only problem with a coat like this is that you won't want to take it off once you get inside. Click through to shop the look.
- METALLIC FAUX LEATHER TRENCH COAT, $358, JUICYCOUTURE.COM
- You see? Snakeskin can be a want-to-wear-it-everyday staple, too. Click through to shop the look.
- "DRESS UP" SKIRT, $278, NANETTELEPORE.COM
- In a sea of skinny jeans, slouchy black pants feel so, so fresh. Click through to shop the look.
- SLOUCHY BLACK PANTS, $195, HELMUT HELMUT LANG, LAGARCONNE.COM
- Lace details: the answer to trenches, jackets and raincoats that just don't feel all that feminine or pretty. Click through to shop the look.
- JACQUARD MOTO JACKET, $228, BCBG.COM
- Wear a plaid skirt with a silk blouse for work, or add a printed t-shirt and leather jacket for drinks—it'll instantly give it a bit of a punk rock/Anglomania vibe. Click through to shop the look.
- "DITA" PENCIL SKIRT, $455, DSQUARED2, SHOPBOP.COM
- How to get a little more mileage out of those floaty summer dresses (and look very Courtney Love-cool in the process). Click through to shop the look.
- LONGLINE ANIMAL FAUX FUR COAT, $135.01, ASOS.COM
- So a sleeveless turtleneck dress isn't exactly a wardrobe necessity— but look at the amazing layering opportunities it creates. We need one.Click through to shop the look.
- SLEEVELESS TURTLENECK DRESS, $535, RALPH LAUREN, MYTHERESA.COM
- Pairing houndstooth with leather jackets or distressed jeans tones down its primness in a cool, clever way. Click through to shop the look.
- MERINO "TIPPI" SWEATER, $98, JCREW.COM
- There's something so brilliant about wearing a skirt this full and glamorous in daytime. Click through to shop the look.
- "ROCOCO" SKIRT, $650, TIBI.COM
- Nothing better than a good pair of monkstraps to give an otherwise basic outfit some tomboy charm. Click through to shop the look.
- "CARRICK" MONK STRAP SHOES, $89.99, BAR III, MACYS.COM
- Props to the patches: they make the jacket more legit-looking, like it came straight from a high school closet. Click through to shop the look.
- LEATHER AND WOOL VARSITY JACKET, $527.71, OPENING CEREMONY, FARFETCH.COM
- It'll feel like a whim at the time, but trust us: you'll never regret buying that awesome pink coat. Click through to shop the look.
- "ZANOVAR" COAT, $735.02, LALA BERLIN, FARFETCH.COM
- Instead of pumps or mary-janes, contrast a girly skirt with a pair of slightly sporty lace-up boots. It'll push your look into a less predictable direction. Click through to shop the look.
- ANKLE BOOTS, $348, KORS MICHAEL KORS, YOOX.COM
- Head-to-toe black outfits always benefit from the interplay of different textures and details, like a leather panel, a fur trim or a studded detail. Click through to shop the look.
- COBRA MATTE SUEDE SKIRT, $94, LADAKH, REVOLVECLOTHING.COM
- Every girl's gotta have a good fur vest in her arsenal. It's just fact. Click through to shop the look.
- "I'LL TAKE YOU" VEST, $180, UNREAL FUR, SHOPBOP.COM
- The layering's top-notch, but it's the beanie and sporty slip ons that really make this awesome.Click through to shop the look.
- CALF-HAIR SLIP ON SNEAKER, $295, VINCE, BERGDORFGOODMAN.COM
- Never underestimate the power of a glamorous pair of Grown Up pants. Click through to shop the look.
- FLARED TROUSER, $238.05, ERMANNO SCERVINO, FARFETCH.COM
- Lots of girls have a slim fit, cropped denim jacket to throw on over their sundresses. And that's precisely why we love the oversize proportions on this one—it just feels fresh.Click through to shop the look.
- DENIM BOYFRIEND JACKET, $39.99, BDG, URBANOUTFITTERS.COM
- Find a button-down with a stark white color and a crisp cut, and it'll make every basic outfit look better. Click through to shop the look.
- "EXCURSION" BLOUSE, $118.80, LAFAYETTE NEW YORK, NORDSTROM.COM
- Because there's really no reason to relegate your fall jackets to drab colors only, now is there? Click through to shop the look.
- "SUGARTOOTH" MOTO JACKET, $22.50, FOREVER21.COM
- Instead of going all matchy-matchy with your bag and shoes, choose different colors. It'll let each item stand out individually. Click through to shop the look.
- "ZENITH" SUEDE CROSS BODY BAG, $41.65, CO-LAB BY CHRISTOPHER KON, AMAZON.COM
- A+ accessory game, from the cape to the booties to the hat. Click through to shop the look.
- FELT HAT, $98, BAILEY FOR J.CREW, JCREW.COM
- One look at this girl's outfit and we immediately want to be her friend. Click through to shop the look.
- "ADELLE" SATCHEL, $325, POUR LA VICTOIRE, NORDSTROM.COM
- Mirrored sunglasses make everything better. They just do. Click through to shop the look.
- FOLDING WAYFARER SUNGLASSES, $165, RAY-BAN, SHOPBOP.COM
- Why it's worth swapping your jeans for a more exciting pair of pants from time to time. Click through to shop the look.
- COLLECTION CAFE CAPRI PANT, $179.99, JCREW.COM
- Add a blazer and a more substantial shoe, and you can wear your bright summer dresses well into fall. Click through to shop the look.
- "JOLT" SHOOTIES, $79, CHINESE LAUNDRY, MACYS.COM
- There's a lot that's good about this outfit, but that slouchy, nonchalant hat is definitely the kicker. Click through to shop the look.
- FOLD BEANIE, $24, ALL DAY, KARMALOOP.COM
October's got options, and its chilly-but-not-uncomfortable state means you can keep most of your wardrobe in play. That's pretty awesome, but if the seemingly endless possibilities (shorts paired with sweaters! ankle boots with sundresses! light fall jackets paired with everything!) aren't enough to get you excited about the next few weeks' worth of outfits, we've got you covered, as always. Above, dozens of amazing October-ready outfits to copy now-or 31 of them, to be exact, one for each day-culled from our favorite celebs, street style stars and our very ownCommunity members.
More from Lucky Magazine:
8 outfits men love on women
50 under $50 statement sweaters
Yes, you can wear white after labor day!
The best black shoes in every height