Will and Kate buck tradition again with Prince George's christening
Looks like Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge are at it again!
- Carole and Michael Middleton visited the baby around 3:15 pm, BST.
- Next to visit were Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall!
- Kate and William came out to present their son to the world around 7:20pm BST, glowing as new parents.
- Kate looked absolutely STUNNING, wearing a light blue polka-dotted Jenny Packham dress.
- The couple smiled at well-wishers and press that surrounded the entrance to the Lindo Wing.
- Smiling for the cameras, Kate held their newborn son close.
- The Cambridge family! With the introduction of the Prince into the world, there are now three direct heirs to the throne.
- Kate looked at her son adoringly as William waved to the crowd above.
- He's ready for his close-up! Presenting the Prince of Cambridge.
- Here's the hand-off, gentle as can be, Kate passes their son to William's waiting hands.
- William looks down at his son and heir.
- Kate looks adoringly at William as he jokes that the baby "has her good looks, thankfully."
- Kate and William laugh with the press -- clearly blissfully happy with their newest addition!
- Once baby Cambridge was safely secured in his car seat, his proud Dad took him to the car, and the family whisked off to their home in Kensington Palace at last.
The royal family announced today their plans to christen Prince George at The Chapel Royal, a small private chapel located in St. James's Palace. Traditionally, previous generations of royals, including Prince William and his brother Prince Harry have been baptized in the music room at Buckingham Palace. However, this new royal family has been anything by traditional.
The ceremony will take place on October 23rd, presided over by the Archbishop of Canterbury, the head of the Church of England. Photographs from the event will be released shortly after the ceremony.
(Photo: Prince Charles and Princess Diana at the christening of baby Prince William.)
Now the guessing game continues as to who the godparents will be. Many have speculated William and Kate will buck tradition once more and elect their friends instead of their royal relatives. Rumor is William has already asked friend and nightclub promoter Guy Pelly to be a godparent. As for Kate, we'll have to wait and see who she chooses but we have a feeling Pippa will be a little upset if she isn't chosen.
Click through the gallery above to see photos of the new (and less traditional) royal family.