The 10 best hairstyles for curls of all shapes & sizes
Curly girls, we want to make you happy. Not that we don't care about the hair-happiness of the wavy or straight-haired out there, it's just that here in the R29 beauty department, we get it: Curly locks require a certain level of care and expertise that isn't always easy to master.
- We applaud Kerry Washington for never, ever boring us in the beauty department. This faux bob shows off her pretty waves — and her killer bone structure.
- If you have fine waves, let this shot of Audrey Tautou be your license to go super-short — we love how they perfectly frame her delicate features.
- For thick waves like Scarlett Johansson's, try glamming it up with a deep side part and just a bit of enhancement from a large-barrel curling iron for extra polish.
- Who says that curls have to be perfectly defined? We love how Jennifer Lopez has no fear of big, messy, voluminous locks.
- Check out Kelly Rowland going all va-va-voom with her half-up style.
- Rose Byrne's natural texture makes her classic ballerina bun totally modern.
- We'd say that, at this point, Taylor Swift pretty much owns it in the Hollywood-glam hair department. Do you agree?
- A pretty Afro plus bright-red lips means Solange has got it going on (what else is new?).
- Kate Upton demonstrates that a middle part might be even more alluring than the come-hither side swoop.
- This pseudo-'60s look on Cher Lloyd makes the argument that curly bobs can be voluminious —without looking all helmet-head.
So, when we spotted these celebrities working this tricky texture, we jumped at the chance to share. From Rose Byrne's perfectly tousled updo to Cher Lloyd's bouncy bob, we present to you the latest in red-carpet curls gone right.
More from Refinery 29:
Got curls? This braid DIY is for you
The ultimate product combo for frizz-free curls
The secrets to gorgeous curls: pineappling