Prince George finally meets his great-grandfather in Scotland
Time to meet Great-Grandpa! The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge whisked baby PrinceGeorge off to Balmoral Castle in Scotland on Sunday, September 15th. Prince Philip has been on vacation with Queen Elizabeth in Balmoral, the Queen's private Highland estate, since late July. Philip had been unable to travel to London to meet his great-grandson because he'd been in recovery, having had surgery in June for abdominal problems.
- Kate and William with baby George, taken by Michael Middleton.
- Kate and William pose with baby George and pup Lupo.
- One day following George's birth, Kate and William came out to present their son to the world around 7:20pm BST, glowing as new parents.
- Kate looked absolutely stunning, wearing a light blue polka-dotted Jenny Packham dress.
- Happy family!
- Kate looks down at George's little wave as William says hello to the crowd above.
- The couple smiled at well-wishers and press that surrounded the entrance to the Lindo Wing.
- Smiling for the cameras, Kate held their newborn son close.
- He's ready for his close-up! Presenting the Prince of Cambridge.
- Here's the hand-off, gentle as can be, Kate passes their son to William's waiting hands.
- William looking down at his son George.
- Kate looks adoringly at William as he jokes that the baby "has her good looks, thankfully."
- Kate and William laugh with the press -- clearly blissfully happy with their newest addition!
Kate and William plan to stay in Balmoral for a week with little George, who will turn two months old next weekend. A trip to Balmoral Castle is an annual tradition for the royal family, with various family members staying over a period of about four weeks. Also in Scotland to spend time with the Queen and Prince Philip are Prince Andrew and his daughters, as well as Prince Charles and Camilla.
Kate and William brought nanny Jessie Webb with them on a private jet to Scotland. The multi-million dollar jet is believed to have been lent to the Duke and Duchess by William's godfather, the Duke of Westminster, so baby George rode in style for his first flight!
It's a rare moment in history for the royal family right now, with three generations of living heirs to the throne (Charles, William and George), so we're hoping they take a royal family photo. It's certainly one that will go down in history.
Click through the gallery above to see Baby George's first moments in the spotlight!