Barnes & Noble Opening New Store in Princeton, New Jersey
Barnes & Noble Opening New Store in Princeton, New Jersey
New Bookstore Debuts September 18, Featuring More Than 60,000 Books, Expanded Children's Department, Educational Toys & Games, and a NOOK Boutique™
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced the debut of a new bookstore on September 18 at the MarketFair Mall, 3535 US Route 1, in Princeton, NJ. Concurrently, the existing MarketFair store will close. The location will include a vast sales floor of more than 60,000 books, newsstand titles, gifts and DVDs, a NOOK Boutique showcasing the company's family of award-winning NOOK® Readers and Tablets, an Educational Toys & Games Department, and a Café featuring Starbucks® coffee. The Princeton Barnes & Noble will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Friday through Saturday, and 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Sunday.The store will serve the greater Princeton, NJ, market and employ approximately 70 people from the community.
As part of the Grand Opening celebration, the new Princeton Barnes & Noble is hosting a free Friends and Family Preview Night on Tuesday, September 17, from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. The proceeds from Preview Night will go to Corner House, an organization dedicated to promoting the well-being of young people in the Princeton area. The event will feature a "Pay it Forward" theme in honor of the Corner House policy to let young people in need pay for its services by giving back to the community. In addition to special guest Clifford the Big RedDog, the event will feature an a capella performance by Corner House's own group, Around 8, and a choral performance by a group from West Windsor-Plainsboro, Out of the Blue.
"After almost 20 years of operating in MarketFair Mall, we're excited for this opportunity to rebuild at the shopping center and provide our customers with a beautiful new store providing the best-in-class offerings available," said David Deason, Vice President, Development. "Of course, we will continue to serve the community with a vast selection of books, educational toys and games, and our innovative family of NOOK Readers and Tablets, supported by extraordinary customer service for which Barnes & Noble is known. Our booksellers are excited to continue to serve the community—and recommend great reads and create memorable experiences with a new and exciting store."
The new Princeton Barnes & Noble will feature:
- Large-Scale Children's and Teen Departments. Bigger than most typical bookstores and stocking more than 12,000 titles in an easy-to-browse environment, the Children's Department is designed to appeal to children, parents, teachers and librarians. The expansive Teens section features more than 3,000 titles specially selected to appeal to the reading interests of young adults. The Children's Department will also host a weekly Storytime every Saturday at 11:00 a.m. and other events featuring guest readers and costumed characters.
- Giant Newsstand. The store's Newsstand stocks thousands of magazines, including hundreds of imported magazines, specialty titles, as well as a wide selection of newspapers and popular bestselling comic series.
- NOOK Boutique. Barnes & Noble welcomescustomers to shop its award-winning family of NOOK devices. The knowledgeable team of NOOK expertswillanswer any questions and provide immediate, in-person support. The NOOK Boutique will also feature an outstanding collection of must-have NOOK accessories including designer covers and functional essentials to complete the experience. Also, to help customers learn more about NOOK features and benefits, the store will host a weekly NOOK class.
- Educational Toys & Games Department. Barnes & Noble features the world's smartest selection of curated educational toys and games at great values to encourage early childhood development and a lifelong love of learning and reading. This department also offers a vast assortment of games and puzzles specially selected for teens and adults at unbeatable prices to satisfy customers' diverse interests.
- B&N@School. The B&N@School Department features educational tools and resources for teachers, librarians and parents. Educators are also offered 20% off merchandise for classroom use through Barnes & Noble's Educator Program.
- Community Center. This store will serve as a local community center, hosting a number of community-oriented events throughout the year, including author signings and discussions, book clubs and programs with local literary and cultural organizations, and other annual events such as the Summer Reading program and the Holiday Book Drive. The Business Development Department will also help meet the needs of schools, businesses and non-profit organizations through discount purchasing programs, educator discounts and bookfair fundraisers. Please contact Nagla Badr-Erdogan at email@example.com further details.
- Barnes & Noble Café Featuring Starbucks Coffee and The Cheesecake Factory®Bakery Products. Customers can relax and enjoy delicious food and drinks in a welcoming Café setting, including Starbucks beverages, desserts from The Cheesecake Factory, fresh-baked cookies and scones, soup, sandwiches, pizza, quiche and more.
- The Barnes & Noble Membership Program. Designed for Barnes & Noble's best customers, this program gives Members 40% off hardcover bestsellers and 10% off virtually everything else in Barnes & Noble stores and online at BN.com. Members also benefit from free express shipping on all online purchases at BN.com. The annual fee is $25.
- Rapid Special-Order Service. Barnes & Noble's massive warehouse inventory is available in real time, enabling its booksellers to order and confirm the availability of over 1 million titles at the click of a button.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi Service. Customers can browse and download books, magazines and newspapers in seconds, and easily check email via the free AT&T Wi-Fi® connection offered at all Barnes & Noble stores. NOOK owners receive extra perks such as coupons and exclusive content from top authors when they connect their device to the complimentary Wi-Fi through the More in Store® program.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYS: BKS) is a Fortune 500 company and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The company operates 674 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web's largest e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). Its NOOK Media LLC subsidiary is a leader in the emerging digital reading and digital education markets. The NOOK digital business offers award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store® (www.nook.com), while Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC operates 692 bookstores serving over 4.6 million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States. Barnes & Noble is proud to be named a J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Customer Service Champion and is only one of 50 U.S. companies so named. Barnes & Noble.com is ranked the number one online retailer in customer satisfaction in the book, music and video category and a Top 10 online retailer overall in customer satisfaction according to ForeSee E-Retail Satisfaction Index (Spring Top 100 Edition).
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained via the Internet by visiting the company's corporate website: www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
KEYWORDS: United States North America New Jersey New York
The article Barnes & Noble Opening New Store in Princeton, New Jersey originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.