The Duchess of Cambridge positively glitters at her first formal appearance
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are attending a dinner ceremony tonight in support of the Tusk Trust, which will honor outstanding figures in wildlife conservation efforts. This is Kate's first official formal engagement since giving birth to Prince George in July, and all eyes were on her as she walked the red carpet in(of course!) a glittering Jenny Packham gown. The gown was made just for the Duchess, and she accessorized with diamond jewelry and equally sparkly strappy heels.
- Kate wore a glittering Jenny Packham gown.
- Kate and Wills were greeted as they walked in, moving on to speak with Gabon President Ali Bongo Ondimba.
- The couple were, of course, asked about baby George and they beamed as they spoke about him, Kate joking that he looks "like most babies, he's got a mix of both of us."
- Kate was glowing and her hair looked perfect -- as per usual!
- Even in a shimmering gown, the Duchess's engagement ring will not be overshadowed!
- Kate's shoes glittered as much as her dress.
- Kate and William attended a dinner along with the ceremony.
She was absolutely stunning in the floor-length silver sequin gown, showing off a slim figure just a few months after she and William welcomed their son. This was the first engagement announced for the Duchess until she made an unexpected appearance at a much more low key event in Wales two weeks ago. As William is the royal patron of the Tusk Trust, he will be there for the presentation of two awards: one named after him for lifetime achievement in conservation, and another recognizing an up-and-coming individual in the field.
So a few things we've learned from tonight:
- Kate's ombre hair is no more!
- She still loves Jenny Packham as much as ever.
- She likely plans to return to royal engagements (on a regular basis) earlier than expected.
- She looks sensational.
Grandma Carole Middleton is reportedly home with Prince George as his parents enjoy an evening out in London. Earlier today, Prince William announced he is leaving military service for good, choosing to focus on royal duties and his charity work. Tonight's event is just the beginning of a much more public life for the Duke and Duchess.
Click through the gallery above to see more photos of Kate and William on the red carpet.