Surf's up! Tommy Hilfiger's spring 2014 collection
At the Tommy Hilfiger spring/summer 2014 runway show, the surf was up -- literally.
- Neoprene is the fabric wet suits are made of, and even if you're not an A+ surfer, we're betting you don't have to be one to wear this cool skirt and shirt combo that very much resembles a surfer's uniform.
- A polo dress doesn't look so straight-laced preppy when it's accented with bright blue neoprene.
- This laid-back, stripe-y sweater is perfect for a chilly day at the beach.
- This graphic Hawaiian floral print looks extra cool and kinda '90s sporty when placed on a collared shirt and athletic shorts combo.
- One-piece swimwear will still be making waves come spring, and we love the geometric design and bold zipper detailing on this one.
Models strutted down a wooden catwalk that actually much more resembled a boardwalk, and the entire runway was completely covered in sand (believe us, we've got the evidence in our shoes to prove it!).
More importantly, the warm weather styles seen in the show were more than a little reminiscent of typical surf wear. Nylon, neoprene, electric brights, and tropical Hawaiian prints made up the majority of the show.
And believe us, these styles are made for more than just catching waves. In this season's sea of baseball caps and track pants, a surf-inspired look feels just a little more fresh. Want to see our favorite looks from the show? Click through the gallery!