Prince William announces he is officially leaving the military
- Diana, Princess of Wales, holding an infant Prince William.
- He was a very expressive baby! Check out those two little chompers in the front.
- Always keep your ABC's close on hand, we say.
- William was too cute for words in these bright blue overalls.
Just a kid, hangin' at Kensington Palace...
- William with his pony named "Smokey" at home, wearing a sweet Mickey Mouse sweatshirt.
- Ready for school, mom! William heads off to Wetherby School in London, dressed in his head-to-toe uniform.
- William's shorts match the bright red strawberries he carries, looking delighted at a polo match.
- Elegance starts at a very young age: William attends a Christmas service in a tie and peacoat.
- William looks on during Carter International Polo Day, starting to look grown up!
- William wears a Canadian tuxedo, denim from head to toe while visiting Toronto.
- William smiles at the camera, watching the Parade of Veterans in London.
- The Prince wearing his Eton school uniform at a tea party for the students.
- Prince William relaxing on the banks of the River Dee, dressed in casual jeans, boat shoes and a plaid shirt.
- William steps out of a Ford Focus wearing jeans and a sweater.
- William relaxes at Highgrove with his father, Prince Charles.
- Wills rocks a pair of wellies while repairing walkways in Southern Chile.
- William arrives for his first day at St. Andrews University in Scotland.
- William puts models to shame with this photoshoot of him on the beach -- playing rugby in his favorite casual look: a button up, sweater, and jeans.
- A big sports buff, Polo is one of William's favorite games.
- Prince William is photographed in St. James Palace, a portrait released for his 21st birthday.
- William visits a farm nearby his home in Gloucestershire, the Duchy Home Farm, wearing a tweed cap and waxed jacket.
- William attends a wreath laying ceremony in New Zealand, looking very sharp for the occasion.
- William is looking quite dapper for the Queen's 80th birthday celebration.
- William attends the Combined Calvary Parade in Hyde Park, London, wearing a grey suit and bowler hat.
- Prince William decked out in his uniform during his military helicopter training course at RAF Shawbury.
- William took an unofficial visit to Australia, watching soldiers fire their weapons in a blue button up and dark slacks.
- A duo that always looks great (especially at weddings!), then-girlfriend Kate Middleton attends a friend's ceremony alongside William.
- After dating for 8 years, William and Kate announced their engagement, both dressed sharply in dark blues.
- It was a wedding for the ages, and photos of this day -- and what they were wearing -- are timeless images of a royal love story.
- Quite the change! The pair wear cowboy boots and hats for a visit to the Calgary Stampede in Canada.
- The Duke and Duchess attended the BAFTA Awards, dressed to the nines.
- Dressed much more casually (but still perfectly put together) the duo visited Bacon's College with Prince Harry.
- Baby news! Kate's morning sickness at the beginning of pregnancy forced the couple to reveal to the world quite early that they were expecting. The pair glowed in matching blues as she headed home from the hospital.
- Ahh, Princely duties. Just weeks before his first baby arrives, Wills attends the Order of the Garter Service, complete with traditional garb and large feathers.
- Doting dad looks good on him, don't you think? The blissful couple introduce Prince George to the world.
- William was dapper in a navy suit next to his wife, wearing Alexander McQueen, for little George's Christening day.
- William arrives at an army base in Aldershot, England, for a ceremony presenting medals to those who served in Afghanistan.
The Palace announced today that after seven years, Prince William is officially leaving the military. While in his post as an RAF pilot William rescued 149 people, and has said of the role that "there is no greater calling in life."
Prince William will focus on his royal duties and charity work over the next year, including his passion for conservation. We may not know his official role until 2014, but he'll be stepping more into the public life with Kate by his side.
The palace statement said: "He will continue to support the work of The Queen and the Royal Family through a programme of official engagements, both at home and overseas, with The Duchess of Cambridge. The Duke will work closely over the next twelve months with the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry. He will expand his work in the field of conservation, particularly in respect of endangered species. The Duke will continue to work with his charities on issues relating to children and young people, veterans and serving members of the Armed Forces."
According to BBC's Peter Hunt, the Palace also wanted to be clear that Wills is not becoming a full time royal, but is entering a period of transition. The Cambridges are currently in London for a charity ball tonight in support of the Tusk Trust, and will move into their Kensington Palace apartment in the next few weeks as renovations come to a close.
So with William leaving the military and deciding to focus more on his charity work and royal duties, one thing is clear: we'll be seeing a lot more of him and Kate. Starting tonight, she'll glide back into public life at a glamorous dinner, and we can't wait to see what she wears!
Click through the gallery above to see Prince William's style transformation!
The Duchess of Cambridge's Stunning Style Transformation