Runway cheat sheet: all the best looks from NYFW Day 3
On the third day of New York Fashion Week, there were plenty of shows to attend -- not to mention plenty of show-goers to watch.
- Mara Hoffman's woven jumpsuit was her favorite piece from the entire exotic collection.
- For Mara, no bright color was spared in the making of her spring line.
- When it comes to evening wear, a cropped top and skirt combo are the way to go.
- White piping on collared shirts and pants is a bit reminiscent of pajamas, no?
- A sheer raincoat is ultra-chic for April showers.
- At Rebecca Taylor, it was all about the perforated leather. A light pastel hue makes a leather look less tough, and a t-shirt style dress still reigns supreme.
- We love the look of a lightweight leather vest casually thrown over a tee and skirt.
- A boxy, menswear-inspired collared shirt gets feminized with a bold, printed pencil skirt.
- Scuba necklines are the way to go when it comes to updating your crop tops.
- A deep-v, tunic-style dress feels fresh.
But lest we forget the real meaning of New York Fashion Week, aka the designer collections for spring and summer 2014, we have here a roundup of our ten favorite looks from the day.
Mara Hoffman, Herve Leger, Rebecca Taylor, Prabal Gurung, and a few choice others sent their models down the runway today. To see all the looks you need to know, click through the gallery!