Runway cheat sheet: the best looks from NYFW Day 2
Yesterday was the second day of New York Fashion Week, and it's safe to say the festivities have officially kicked into high gear.
- Rebecca Minkoff was inspired by Frida Kahlo this season, and the Mexican-style print on this matching dress and jacket hint that the boho-chic thing isn't really going anywhere.
- A folkloric floral print feels updated on a sleek t-shirt dress silhouette.
- Repeat after us: slits are it when comes to skirts for spring. Also: sheer. It's not going anywhere.
- A scuba neckline on a sequined dress makes it feel not-so-precious.
- Cutouts are still the thing to wear, but just a sliver of skin will do, please. And bright white off-the-shoulder dress? Bring it on.
- We love a good print mix, and stripes with floral is the ultimate springtime combo.
- Black and white is still on top when it comes to color combinations.
- Track pants aren't just for the gym -- wear them in a luxe, gauzy material and they're better suited anywhere but.
- Forget stripes and polka dots. We're loving a good windowpane print.
- How cute is this shorts suit? The asymmetrical hemline makes all the difference.
Peter Som, Rebecca Minkoff, and Rag & Bone all sent their spring/summer 2014 collections down the runway, while Kate Spade and Jenni Kayne held their presentations.
Instead of looking through every single runway photo yourself, we went ahead and did the work for you. We've got the ten best looks from Day 2 right here -- just click through the gallery to see for yourself!