Pentagon Awards 10 Navy Contracts Thursday
Thursday was a busy day at the U.S. Department of Defense, as the Pentagon announced no fewer than 27 separate contract awards. Naval contracts predominated Thursday, with 10 of the 27 awards requisitioning goods and services for the U.S. Navy, among them:
- $15.5 million awarded to Northrop Grumman under a contract to conduct a proof of concept study on designing, building, testing, and evaluating an advanced high gain ultra high frequency electronically scanned array for use aboard the E-2D Advanced Hawkeye airborne early warning aircraft. Work under this contract is funded through November 2015.
- $13.6 million awarded to Tetra Tech as a task order under a previously issued contract to perform "remedial action and radiological remediation assessment" at the former Naval Air Station Brunswick in Maine. This work should be completed by June 2016.
- $12.4 million awarded to General Electric as a delivery order for 4,812 Generator Converter Unit, Hybrid Silicon Controlled Rectifiers for use aboard F/A-18 fighter aircraft.
- $9.4 million going to the Bell Boeing Joint Project Office, a joint venture between Bell Helicopter and Boeing , in exercise of an optional procurement of one Osprey Tiltrotor (MV-22) Containerized Flight Training Device for use by the United States Marine Corps. Delivery is scheduled for June 2016.
- $8.5 million to BAE Systems in exercise of an option to supply and repair Common Identification Friend or Foe Digital Transponder hardware for the U.S. Army and Navy, and for the governments of Canada, Taiwan, South Korea and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Completion of this work is scheduled for November 2015.
The article Pentagon Awards 10 Navy Contracts Thursday originally appeared on Fool.com.Fool contributor Rich Smith has no position in any stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool owns shares of General Electric Company and Northrop Grumman. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.