Look of the week: First Lady Michelle Obama sports new hairstyle
When it comes to her hairstyle, Michelle Obama certainly isn't afraid to make a change.
- US First Lady Michelle Obama spoke at a screening of 'The Powerbroker: Whitney Young's Fight for Civil Rights,' at the Eisenhower Executive Office Building in Washington, DC, on August 27. The screening is a part of a series of celebrations commemorating the 50th anniversary on the March on Washington. The First Lady sported brand new highlights for the occasion.
- Aaand now we're zoomed out.
- In this lighting, it almost looks like there's subtle streaks of red in the First Lady's hair.
- But from this angle, the back of her mane still appears to be pretty dark.
- We think the highlights frame and brighten up her face quite nicely!
- And here's a final, parting shot.
The First Lady stepped out earlier this week to speak at a screening of 'The Power Broker: Whitney Young's Fight for Civil Rights' in Washington, D.C. The screening was a part of a series of celebrations commemorating the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s March on Washington.
With all eyes on Michelle, we couldn't help but notice the flattering new caramel highlights framing her face. Considering the last time the First Lady switched things up in the hair department was in January, when she first sported bangs, we were more than a little excited about the new style.
To see Michelle's new 'do at all angles, click through the gallery.
Don't forget to tell us what you think! Are you in love with Michelle's hair, or should she have left it alone? Tell us your thoughts in the poll below!