DIY beauty projects that save time and money
It is impossible to step into your local drugstore and not walk out with a shopping bag FULL of beauty products. The problem with this is you can't avoid the drugstore forever and you'll wind up spending a lot of money on products you may never use, need, or worse, not like.
Add 1/4 a cucumber, water and pinch witch hazel which is an all natural astringent found on Amazon. Blend all three ingredients until smooth and apply using a cotton ball.
- Add warm water and epsom salt to a spray bottle and shake until mixed. Spray to wet hair and scrunch hair for a beachy look.
- Add water, tear free baby shampoo and baby oil to a small bottle, mix, and apply using a cotton ball.
- Take a bottle of Milk of Magnesia and apply it liberally to your skin. We promise, it's that simple!
- Missing a nail file? Snatch up a spare matchbook and use the strike strip to file your nails.
- In need of a little lift (of grease) just take a little baby powder and apply it lightly to your scalp.
- Take some vaseline and a pinch of kool aid to the vaseline jar. The coloring will give your lips a light tint while leaving them moisturized.
Have you ever asked yourself, can I do it myself? While well leave some products to the experts there are ways around spending an arm and a leg on some of your favorite products like lip gloss, toner, and even shampoo.
Click through the gallery above to see a few DIY beauty products that will save you time, money, and a trip to the drugstore.