Umpqua Bank Opens New Flagship Store in San Francisco
Umpqua Bank Opens New Flagship Store in San Francisco
Location is latest evolution of the company's signature store concept
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Umpqua Bank, a subsidiary of Umpqua Holdings Corporation (NAS: UMPQ) , is unveiling its newest store concept today in the heart of San Francisco's Financial District. Recognized nationally for its unique, customer-centric bank experience, Umpqua is once again challenging what a bank looks like, how it operates and how it interacts with its communities.
Located at 450 Sansome Street, Umpqua's new San Francisco flagship is designed to engage both customers and the public at every level, from external screens delivering up-to-the-minute bus schedules and weather information to public meeting spaces and an interactive, 20-foot "Catalyst Wall" just inside the main entrance, featuring local companies and experts.
"San Francisco is one of the country's most innovative and dynamic markets, a place that embraces companies and people challenging the status quo," said Ray Davis, Umpqua Bank president and CEO. "Umpqua shares that spirit. For nearly 20 years we've been focused on creating a different banking experience, one centered on the idea that banks need to operate differently in order to remain relevant. Our new flagship is the latest iteration, built to reflect the preferences of today's consumers and businesses and empower customers to engage with us in a variety of ways."
Signature Store Design
As mobile and digital technology continues to transform how people interact with companies, retailers must continue to create a compelling in-store experience. Umpqua's San Francisco store offers new features designed specifically to engage consumers and businesses - and to provide business owners with the tools, resources and interactive space they need to create and innovate. Highlights include:
- Mobile Concierge - Umpqua's Mobile Concierge associates will be able to service accounts, connect customers with subject experts, and even book one of the store's public conference rooms from anywhere in the store.
- Catalyst Wall - This regularly updated, interactive digital "wall" is designed to engage and inspire individuals and businesses while providing resources for them to take action. It features perspective and insights from a rotating selection of business game-changers, including TCHO Chocolates; new media pioneer Tina Sharkey and Umpqua's own community responsibility innovator, Nicole Stein. Visitors can also explore financial and business goals and products on the interactive touchscreens as well as a collection of in-house and curated mobile apps.
- Demo Bar - Showcases products from featured businesses and serves as a hub for demonstrations of all kinds, from financial products and services to coffee and chocolate tastings.
- Spark Resource Center - This space designed for businesses and individuals to connect, collaborate and be inspired includes digital booklets. It includes publicly available iPads loaded with a curated collection of inspiration and innovative thinking, device charging stations and cell phone chat chairs to make impromptu phone calls private.
- Data Research Station - Provides San Francisco businesses with access to proprietary and public industry and consumer trend resources providing insight into consumer trends and related business ideas.
- Business Lounge - This invitation-only space is designed for larger group meetings or sessions, and will feature events with local business and thought leaders.
- Exchange Rooms - These flexible rooms are available to all. Umpqua associates will use them to meet with clients and small groups can "rent" the rooms for free to deliver presentations, hold a virtual meeting on Skype or simply gather their team.
The store is also introducing the use of paperless instead of printed receipts, as well as a collection of mobile apps, some new from Umpqua and others from a sampling of the web's best.
The San Francisco flagship is Umpqua Bank's eighth store in the greater Bay Area, adding to locations in downtown San Jose, Noe Valley, Novato, Corte Madera, Santa Rosa, San Rafael and Petaluma. The store will be open 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and can be reached at (415) 268-8010 or online at http://umpquabank.com/sf.
About Umpqua Bank
Umpqua Bank, headquartered in Roseburg, Ore., is a subsidiary of Umpqua Holdings Corporation with locations between California's Central Coast and the Puget Sound, along the Oregon and Northern California Coast, and in Central Oregon and Northern Nevada. Umpqua Bank has been recognized for its innovative customer experience and banking strategy by national publications including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, BusinessWeek, Fast Company and CNBC. The company has been recognized for the past seven years in a row on FORTUNE magazine's list of the country's "100 Best Companies to Work For," and was recently named by The Portland Business Journal, for the eighth consecutive year, Most Admired Financial Services Company in Oregon, and the state's fifth-most admired company overall for 2012.
Umpqua Holdings also owns a retail brokerage subsidiary, Umpqua Investments, Inc., which offers services through Umpqua Bank stores and in dedicated offices throughout Oregon. Umpqua's Wealth Management Division serves high net worth individuals and nonprofits by providing customized financial solutions and offerings. Umpqua Holdings Corporation is headquartered in Portland, Ore. For more information, visit http://www.umpquabank.com.
for Umpqua Bank
Tom Biro, 206-686-6420 or 862-485-0711
KEYWORDS: United States North America California Oregon
The article Umpqua Bank Opens New Flagship Store in San Francisco originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.