5 Big Product Flops from Successful Brands
Here are the Top 5 failed products from major brands, as compiled by TheDailyMeal.com:
- 3-D Doritos: You may remember these. They came in a lot of flavors but ultimately the company pulled the chips off the shelves after just a few years from their introduction in the mid-2000s.
- Hershey's Swoops: Introduced in 2003, Swoops were thin slices of chocolate that were shaped like Pringles. But Swoops became history just three years later.
- Crystal Pepsi: PepsiCo released this beverage to test markets in 1992 with great results, but a nationwide rollout flopped. The clear version of Pepsi was discontinued just a year later.
- Hula Burger: McDonald's introduced this meatless sandwich in 1962 and replaced the beef patty with a slice of pineapple.
- Life Savers Soda: Developed in the 1980s, customers said the carbonated beverage tasted like liquid candy.