Prince George's first official portraits leaked on Twitter early
- Kate and William with baby George, taken by Michael Middleton.
- Kate and William pose with baby George and pup Lupo.
- One day following George's birth, Kate and William came out to present their son to the world around 7:20pm BST, glowing as new parents.
- Kate looked absolutely stunning, wearing a light blue polka-dotted Jenny Packham dress.
- Happy family!
- Kate looks down at George's little wave as William says hello to the crowd above.
- The couple smiled at well-wishers and press that surrounded the entrance to the Lindo Wing.
- Smiling for the cameras, Kate held their newborn son close.
- He's ready for his close-up! Presenting the Prince of Cambridge.
- Here's the hand-off, gentle as can be, Kate passes their son to William's waiting hands.
- William looking down at his son George.
- Kate looks adoringly at William as he jokes that the baby "has her good looks, thankfully."
- Kate and William laugh with the press -- clearly blissfully happy with their newest addition!
Oops! Apparently, "under embargo" doesn't mean much to some people. Select members of the press were sent the official portraits of the royal family: William, Kate, and baby George (and Lupo!) and were instructed that they weren't to be released until midnight in the U.K., around 7pm EST.
But a few outlets got too excited on Twitter and leaked the photos -- as a "sneak peek." As we previously reported, Kate and Wills have decided to release their own photos to the public as their first official pictures of the new family. And as expected, Kate looks stunning with her hair in bouncing waves. She's wearing the fuschia Knot Front Short Sleeve Dress from Seraphine (a different print from the one she chose while leaving Kensington Palace) while William is comfortable and casual in a gingham button down. The new family looks as happy as can be.
The photos were taken by none other than Michael Middleton, Kate's father in the garden of their family home in Bucklebury, Berkshire.
Click through the gallery above to see more of the first moments for the new family in the spotlight.
Photo Credit: Getty Images