NCAA Football 14 tops July 2013 software sales
Read Full Story
Sales for NCAA Football 14were "down slightly" from last year's iteration, although it still managed to snag the top spot in software sales for July 2013. Furthermore, it was the only game in the top 10 that was actually launched in July,according to NPD Group.
"Though there was only one game in the top 10 that was launched in July (NCAA Football 14), collectively, new launches from July 2013 were up compared to games launching in July 2012. As there was about the same number of software SKUs launched this year versus last year, we are seeing an increase of dollars and units generated per SKU from games launches this July compared to last," the company, which tracks and monitors video game sales in the United States, said.
NPD also noted that Minecraft "continued to sell well in July, ranking second on unit sales."
Below are the top 10 software sales for July 2013, for the period of July 7 - August 3:
To read the full article, go to GameZone>
- NCAA Football 14 (360, PS3)
- Minecraft (360)
- The Last of Us (PS3)**
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360, PS3, NWU, PC)**
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
- Far Cry 3 (360, PS3, PC)
- Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC)**
- Injustice: Gods Among Us (360, PS3, NWU)**
- NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, Wii, NWU, PSP, PC)**
- Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (360, Wii, NDS, PS3, 3DS, NWU, PSV, PC)
**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)