Study: women become camera shy at age 24
A study by Dove reveals that women become more self-conscious in front of the camera at the age of 24. What is it that makes us suddenly more camera shy? Could it be that we feel older at 24, or is it due to more people seeing our photos thanks to social media? No matter the reason, one thing is for sure: It means we're feeling less beautiful.
Here are more interesting results from their study:
- 55% of women are more camera shy now compared to 10 years ago
- 63% of women have destroyed photos of themselves
- Nearly 1 out of 3 have stopped photos being taken or later destroyed photos of a beach holiday, a significant party with friends/family and even their own graduations
- Being tagged in a photo on a social network causes more than half of women to feel more anxious about the way they look
- Almost half (46%) have de-tagged, deleted or removed a photo of themselves
- 41% have done something to a photo of themselves to enhance their looks before posting it online
More from DailyMakeover:
Can Consuming Dairy Cause Acne?
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Reportedly Spend $750,000 on Gold Toilets For New Mansion (Seriously)
The 10 Most Scandalous Models: Cara Delevingne, Kate Moss, More
Terrible Celebrity Beauty Advice