The best jeans for your body type
- Opt for a wide-legged silhouette that will show off your waist and butt while minimizing thighs and calves.
Mih Jeans Marrakesh Jeans, $267.71
- Stick to a dark wash that will help your lower half appear slimmer. Boot-cut jeans are far more flattering than pants with a skinny leg.
American Eagle Kick Boot Jean, $40
- Your legs are your best asset, so play them up with a pair of skinny jeans. Don't be afraid to try a light wash either.
Burberry Brit Westbourne Mid-Rise Skinny Jeans, $225
- Thanks to your height, you can pull off a print when most women can't. And with your long legs (lucky you) pretty much any silhouette looks right on you -- even the crop!
DSquared2 Printed Jeans, $513
- A pair of high-waisted skinny jeans is the perfect way to elongate your frame. A darker wash enhances the lengthening effect.
Seven For All Mankind High-Waisted Skinny Jeans, $190
- In order to balance out your hips, try a trouser style in a darker wash. Stretch is never a bad thing.
Stella McCartney Bootleg Jeans, $473
If you're on the search for the best fitting jeans, the first step is to stop worrying about the denim trends. Certainly, there's no point in wearing this season's silhouette if it doesn't flatter your shape.
Speaking of your shape, I've talked before about the best dresses for your body type. A-line is best for the pear-shaped woman, something cut on the bias for the curvy girl, and so on. But while dresses provide you an opportunity to cover up your less desirable areas, jeans don't provide that kind of camouflage. This means you have to really hone in on your body type, own up to the good and bad parts, and focus on the fit that is right for you.
I realize that entire last sentence was scary enough to send you on an anti-pants spree. But as much as we try, shopping for jeans can't be avoided. (I spent a couple of years doing exactly that. And let's just say, I was the awkward one in a dress at the sports bar.)
To ease the pain of finding the right jeans for your body type, I've put together a guide to the best fitting jeans for every shape. From a wide-legged style perfect for the woman with an athletic build to the printed pair only the tall girl can confidently pull off, we've found the most flattering jeans for you.
Click through the slideshow above to shop our suggestions and give yourself a new reason to go casual.
More from Lifestyle Mirror:
Spring Trends for Every Body Type: How to Dress for Your Shape This Season
Best Dresses for Your Body Type
How to Look Skinny This Summer: The Best Swimsuits for Your Body Type