Celebrity style: new ways to wear scarves
- Do like our girl RiRi and rock a tie-front bandana for a little dose of gangster flair. The bow here is key, otherwise you're just wearing a bandana...which isn't cool.
Tilly's Paisley Bandana, $3.
Here the scarf is the "finishing piece." Borrowing from the boys has never looked so put-together and polished. The key is keeping it short and knotting it perfectly.
Hermès “En Désordre” Silk Triangle Scarf. $620.
- Wrap your long scarf around the waist, tie, and in 5 second you've got a new belt. Also an easy way to mix prints.
J.Crew Medallion Dot Scarf, $60.
- This look never met a music festival it didn't like. To keep it casual (and Coachella-appropriate) stick to cotton and let the ends run long.
Yarnz "New Frogs" Scarf, $114.
- The classic fold-over, tie-in-the-back headscarf is equal parts Riviera-chic and screen siren glam. Miroslava makes it a modern Grace Kelly moment by subbing out the silk for a piece of tulle.
Forever 21 Eyelet Headwrap, $4.
- Not to be confused with a turban, the tur-band is the Olsen twins' answer to what to do with their Hermes scarves. Think bourgeois bohemian ---- or "bobo" if you will.
Tilly's Tie Dye Paisley Bandana, $4.
- If most scarves are accent pieces, this one is the focal point of your look. Extra points for fringe detail and a print. Statement necklace, meet your competition.
BCBG Max Azria Block-Print Fringe Scarf - $23
- Leave it to Cara Delevingne to inject this look with some style presence. Since we're not all ironically cool models, proceed with caution on this one.
- If you were obsessed with the silk turbans from Prada's 2007 spring/summer collection you'll be happy to know they're back. These are for adventurous dressers and bad hair days ---- or for celebrities with stylists.
Basile Ruffled Silk Stole, $98.
- An A-list favorite, this look is as easy as they come. one easy loop and you've transformed that simple white tee.
Kelly Wearstler Serpent Scarf, $215.
But that doesn't mean you can't add a few summery accessories to freshen this season's wardrobe. Cue the lightweight scarf, the easiest way to upgrade your look without committing to an entirely new outfit. Whether on the head, around your neck, or tied to your bag, there are several chic ways to wear scarves this summer. Not sure how to seamlessly integrate this closet staple into your wardrobe? We turned to the experts.
Scarves seen on the runways at Altuzurra and Marc by Marc Jacobs gave off the global traveler vibe, while on the streets this summer, scarves added an element of bohemian-chic. And when it comes to A-list style, the wrap around the neck look is the celebrity staple. How to wear a scarf never looked so easy.
Click through the slideshow above to shop new ways to wear scarves this summer.
More from Lifestyle Mirror:
The Secret to Wearing a Hat
The Carry-on Diaries: Anna Laub Shares Her Travel Essentials
The 5 Best Boutiques in The World
Lingerie for Dresses