Get Your Fit Together and Win $10,000 This Fall
Get Your Fit Together and Win $10,000 This Fall
Life Time 90-Day Challenge Introduces New 90-Day Membership, Offers Tips for Ensuring Success
CHANHASSEN, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- If you could drop some weight and/or transform your body in 90 days and win $10,000, would you do it? For many individuals, weight loss and success increase when they participate in group challenges and, according to the Mayo Clinic1, when financial incentives are in play. For such individuals, Life Time -The Healthy Way of Life Company (NYSE:LTM),today announced the launch of the Life Time 90-Day Challenge featuring two ways to win $10,000.
The Challenge, which begins with Weigh-In Weekend Aug. 3-5, is open for registration through Aug. 31 and ends Nov. 2, 2013. There are two different categories to choose from, the Weight Loss category and the Transformation category, The Weight Loss category is designed more for those who have a significant amount of weight to lose and challenges you to lose the largest percent of body weight. The Transformation category is designed for those who are hoping to get ripped. Judging in this category is based on total transformation in body composition, including body fat percentage, as well as before and after photos and an essay describing your personal transformation experience. Two national Weight Loss winners and two national Transformation winners will each receive $10,000 in cash and a trip for two to Las Vegas. Additionally, each top male and female Club Weight Loss Champions and Club Transformation Champions from each of the participating Clubs will each receive a Life Time Prize Pack containing $200 worth of Life Time merchandise, programs and services.
A new addition to this season's Challenge is a new 90-Day membership at each of Life Time's 106 Healthy Way of Life destinations. The membership includes full club access and registration in the 90-Day Challenge.
Now in its third year, the Life Time 90-Day Challenge has helped more than 75,000 people lose nearly 200,000 pounds, with some losing a few pounds and others losing nearly 100 pounds. "The Life Time 90-Day Challenge creates motivation and inspiration for thousands of people around the country," says Anika DeCoster, program manager for Life Time Weight Loss. "A great weight loss program provides a combination of the right exercise, nutrition and lifestyle factors, including stress management and good sleep but those who succeed in losing the most weight take their efforts further in order to win the Life Time 90-Day Challenge."
For those committed to winning the 90-Day Challenge, Life Time offers five strategies to improve your chances:
- Find your motivation: Identify a motive on your own instead of taking advice from a doctor or taking the hint from your friends and family. The more emotion you put into it, the more likely you are to commit.
- Learn how and make it a habit: Forming healthy lifestyle habits will lead to long-term weight loss success, but making changes takes work and time. Do your research or work with a Certified Personal Trainer or Nutrition Coach to help you learn about sound nutrition and exercise.
- Write your goal down, and publicize it: A 2007 study from Dominican University in California reported that people who put their goals in writing are more successful than those who think about them. Success rate increases further by making those goals public, so consider sharing your progress via social media.
- Take a before photo: You might want to skip this step, but don't. Real winners take before photos seriously. A before photo is the starting line, the benchmark to stay motivated and be reminded of how far you've come. Photos should show as much skin as you would in a swimsuit and should capture front, back and side views. In addition to the photos, make sure you jot down your starting weight and measurements.
- Focus on good behaviors to master, not bad behaviors to stop: Take small steps. Instead of telling yourself to stop eating fast food for lunch, focus on planning and packing lunches instead. Rather than telling yourself you can't have any sweets, remind yourself you're choosing healthier rewards.
During the 90-Day Challenge, all participants receive weekly weigh-ins and complimentary access to weekly "Try-It Tuesday" events, support from a Life Time Personal Trainer or Nutrition Coach, nutrition seminars, a comprehensive nutrition e-Book, web-enabled support tools via myLT.com, and access to an online leaderboard.
About Life Time Fitness, Inc.
As The Healthy Way of Life Company, Life Time Fitness (NYS: LTM) helps organizations, communities and individuals achieve their total health objectives, athletic aspirations and fitness goals by engaging in their areas of interest —or discovering new passions—both inside and outside of Life Time's distinctive and large sports, professional fitness, family recreation and spa destinations, most of which operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Company's Healthy Way of Life approach enables customers to achieve this by providing the best programs, people and places of uncompromising quality and value. As of July 29, 2013, the Company operated 106 centers under the LIFE TIME FITNESS® and LIFE TIME ATHLETIC® brands in the United States and Canada. Additional information about Life Time centers, programs and services is available at lifetimefitness.com.
1 Mayo Clinic, "Money Talks When It Comes to Losing Weight, Mayo Clinic Study Finds," http://www.mayoclinic.org/news2013-rst/7357.html
Life Time Fitness, Inc.
Lauren Flinn, 952-229-7776
KEYWORDS: United States North America Minnesota
The article Get Your Fit Together and Win $10,000 This Fall originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.