Style Throwback: Gisele Bundchen, Victoria Beckham, and More Chic New Mommies
The royal baby has finally arrived, if Kate Middleton's polka dot Jenny Packham frock is any indication, we think we'll be seeing plenty of enviable post-baby style in the near future.
- We have no doubt that Kate will turn to tailored coats and heels, much like Jackie Kennedy.
- Perfectly coiffed hair like Priscilla Presley's will obviously be one of the weapons in Kate's style arsenal...however, we doubt it will involve the same amount of volume.
- While on holiday, Kate should switch our her baby bag for a chic basket, like Jane Birkin.
- Every once in awhile, a mom needs a break from all that heavy-lifting. Bianca Jagger had the right idea!
- Kate has already been taking style cues from the ultimate royal style icon, Princess Diana. The polka-dotted Jenny Packham frock she wore home from the hospital was reminiscent of this spotted number worn by her late mother-in-law.
- Sometimes, comfort is key, even for style mavens like Nicole Richie.
- Bad hair day? We don't think Kate will be having many of these, but for all you other moms out there -- a beanie is the way to go.
- No time for makeup? Big, black sunglasses like Gwyneth Paltrow's are key.
- Gisele Bundchen knows that effortless beach waves, cutoff shorts, and a loose button-down are the ultimate hot mama ensemble.
- It's never too early to take your baby to Prada, and Victoria Beckham did it in sky-high heeled booties.
- For cold weather, casual days, we can see Kate paring a chic sweater coat and fleece-lined boots with her jeans, like Sienna Miller.
- Belted styles work well in that transitional post-baby bod period...Reese has it down pat!
- If Prince George is as camera-shy as baby Blue, Kate could make like Beyonce and wrap a scarf around the little guy. However, that may not go over well with the general public.
- Kate in leather pants? We can't see it, but a tucked-in blouse and a cozy coat are the perfect pair.
- Ankle booties like Kate Hudson's allow for maximum style and comfort when lugging around a baby boy.
- Forget the gladiator sandals -- we can't exactly see Kate in a pair of those. A classic crossbody bag like Kourtney Kardashian's, however, could come in handy.
- The ultimate chic new mom, the Duchess of Cambridge was glowing at her baby boy's christening, in a custom Alexander McQueen dress.
In the meantime, we can't help but take a look back at some of the stylish new mommies who came before Kate. From Jackie Kennedy, to Victoria Beckham, to Beyonce, we've gathered some advice from some of the most fashionable famous moms in recent memory, and have put it all together in this Style Throwback as a guide to Kate's post-baby style.
For all the new moms out there, click through the gallery for the best in post-baby fashion sense!