Disney Celebrates Disney's Planes with Interactive New Toy Collection, Lifestyle Products and More L
Disney Celebrates Disney's Planes with Interactive New Toy Collection, Lifestyle Products and More Landing at Retail This Month
To tweet this release, copy and paste http://bit.ly/DCPPlanes to your Twitter handle
GLENDALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Disney Consumer Products (DCP) announces an exciting product collection inspired by Disneytoon Studios' newest high-flying adventure, Disney's Planes, with products that leverage technology and interactivity from Disney Store and top toy companies, including Mattel, Thinkway and more. With track sets for side-by-side racing and stunts and launchers that send planes up to 25 feet in the air, kids will be able to recreate their favorite racing moments from the film. Fueling imagination and role play, the line also includes RC planes that kids can guide with flight controllers that mirror their own body movements or program to talk, move and turn with a programmable joystick. An exclusive collection from Disney Store and DisneyStore.com, as well as an assortment of fashion, home décor, lifestyle and publishing products, rounds out the collection for fans of this new comedy-adventure from above the world of Cars.
Wing Control Dusty Crophopper Radio Control Plane by Mattel (Photo: Business Wire)
"Disney Consumer Products' Disney's Planes collection delivers on interactivity and fun with products that tie into classic boys' play patterns and their love for vehicles," said Josh Silverman, executive vice president global licensing, Disney Consumer Products. "There's also something for collectors with an all-new assortment of diecast featuring key Disney's Planes characters."
Set to release in theaters Aug. 9, 2013, Disney's Planes takes off with an international cast of the fastest air racers around, in a comedy packed with action and adventure starring Dusty (voice of Dane Cook), a small town dreamer who longs to enter the most epic around-the-world air race despite his fear of heights. With the help and support of a fleet of new and hilarious characters, Dusty wings his way into the biggest challenge of his life.
Disney's Planes' product collection is available now, in whole or in part, at mass retailers nationwide, at Disney Store locations and DisneyStore.com.
Disney's Planes Product Collection
Toys for little pilots:
- Disney's Planes Character Diecast Singles Assortment by Mattel (MSRP $5.99 each): With wide character variety and authentic styling, these 1:55 scale diecast planes are perfect for re-creating scenes from the movies. The planes feature rolling wheels and spinning propellers as well as a universal connector that works with all play sets.
- Wing Control Dusty Crophopper Radio Control Plane by Mattel (MSRP $39.99): Kids can have fun recreating the action seen in Disney's Planes with this RC vehicle that offers role-play remote control, which means the plane moves when they do.
- U-Command Super Charged Dusty by Thinkway (MSRP $49.99): Deluxe infrared remote control Super Charged Dusty comes to life with animation, voice and sound effects. Kids can control Dusty with joysticks or by pressing one of the 10 program buttons on the wireless remote to make him talk, move and turn in more than 1,000 action combinations.
- Planes Sky Track Challenge by Mattel (MSRP $29.99): This giant track set has two, five foot air tracks, mountain tunnel and a winner's circle. Clip diecast planes on to the track with their universal connectors and launch for side-by-side racing and barrel roll stunts. One plane is included.
- Disney's Planes Runway Flyers by Mattel (MSRP $16.99): Snap the foam plane featuring favorite characters from the film into the runway launcher. When the trigger is pulled, the plane is released and can soar up to 25 feet in the air.
- Disney's Planes Talking Action Figure Sets by Disney Store (MSRP $24.50 each):Dusty, El Chupacabra, Bravo and Echo have a lot to say for themselves. Sporting their unique color patterns, these Disney's Planes action figures speak a variety of phrases, feature LED lights and engine revving sounds. Available at Disney Store and DisneyStore.com.
Aviation Fashion & Lifestyle Gear:
- Toddler Fashions from Children's Apparel Network (MSRP $10-$18):This assortment of fleece jackets, t-shirts and shorts sets are perfect for young Disney's Planes fans that want to grow up to be aviators.
- Disney's Planes Twin Comforter by Jay Franco (MSRP $32.99):This comforter features the one and only Dusty. Featuring a combination of durable polyester and comfort cotton coupled with rich colors, the comforter will add aviation flair to any room. Disney sheet sets and blankets are sold separately.
- Disney's Planes Cuddle Pillow by Jay Franco (MSRP $19.99):Let your child's imagination take flight with this soft and fluffy Disney's Planes pillow buddy. Perfect for cuddling on the couch or while traveling, Dusty is the perfect co-pilot.
- Dusty Woven Shirt for Boys by Disney Store (MSRP $22.50):This military-style woven short sleeve shirt features embroidered Dusty patches, aviator glasses and insignia, a great fit for aviators in training. Available at Disney Store and DisneyStore.com
Flight School Reading:
- Planes: Storybook Deluxe App (MSRP $6.99): The Disney "Planes: Storybook Deluxe" app takes readers to new heights as they relive the film through 41 story screens, read-along text and full narration that re-retells the story of the feature film. Created to immerse readers in the world of Disney's Planes wherever and whenever, the app features "tilt-and-play" technology that gives little pilots a chance to fly as Dusty through the story, a "Race & Fly" game that allows readers to race as their favorite Disney's Planes characters, tappable interactive animation and original music and video clips from the film. Disney "Planes: Storybook Deluxe" is available now in the Entertainment category of the Apple App Store.
- Planes Read-Along Storybook and CD (MSRP $6.99): This exciting read-along storybook and CD is a complete retelling of the Disney's Planes theatrical film. Featuring music, sound effects and character voices from the film, kids can bring home the world of Disney's Planes and continue their high-flying adventures. Additionally, those who purchase the Disney's Planes Read-Along Storybook and CD Bundle - available exclusively at The Disney Store and Disney Parks - will receive the "Planes: Storybook Deluxe" app for free, including four exclusive Planes to fly as in the app's "Race & Fly" game; a download code can be found inside the book cover and is redeemable on the iTunes App Store (a $6.99 value).
- Dusty's Great Race from Disney Publishing (MSRP $12.99):This must-have storybook is narrated by Dusty himself. Featuring a padded cover and two pages of cool punch-out planes, readers can have high-flying fun with their favorite Disney's Planes characters all summer and beyond.
To download images of the Disney's Planes product collection, please visit http://bit.ly/PlanesProductImages (this link is case sensitive).
About Disney's Planes (global and U.S. release dates)
From above the world of "Cars" comes "Disney's Planes," an action-packed 3D animated comedy adventure featuring Dusty (voice of Dane Cook), a plane with dreams of competing as a high-flying air racer. But Dusty's not exactly built for racing—and he happens to be afraid of heights. So he turns to a seasoned naval aviator who helps Dusty qualify to take on the defending champ of the race circuit. Dusty's courage is put to the ultimate test as he aims to reach heights he never dreamed possible, giving a spellbound world the inspiration to soar. "Disney's Planes" takes off in theaters on Aug. 9, 2013. For more information, check out Disney.com/Planes, like us on Facebook: facebook.com/DisneyPlanes and follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/DisneyPictures.
About Disney Consumer Products
Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYS: DIS) that delivers innovative and engaging product experiences across thousands of categories from toys and apparel to books and fine art. As the world's largest licensor, DCP inspires the imaginations of people around the world by bringing the magic of Disney into consumers' homes with products they can enjoy year-round. DCP is comprised of three business units: Licensing, Publishing and Disney Store. The Licensing business is aligned around five strategic brand priorities: Disney Media, Classics & Entertainment, Disney & Pixar Animation Studios, Disney Princess & Disney Fairies, Lucasfilm and Marvel. Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world's largest publisher of children's books, magazines, and digital products and also includes an English language learning business, consisting of more than 40 Disney English learning centers across China and a supplemental learning book program. DPW's growing library of digital products includes best-selling eBook titles and original apps that leverage Disney content in innovative ways. The Disney Store retail chain operates across North America, Europe, and Japan with more than 350 stores worldwide and is known for providing consumers with high-quality, unique products. Disney's official shopping portals online are www.DisneyStore.com and www.DisneyStore.co.uk. For more information, please visit Disney Consumer Products www.DisneyConsumerProducts.com or follow us at www.YouTube.com/DisneyLiving, www.Facebook.com/DisneyLiving, www.Twitter.com/DisneyLiving and http://www.Pinterest.com/DisneyLiving.
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
The article Disney Celebrates Disney's Planes with Interactive New Toy Collection, Lifestyle Products and More Landing at Retail This Month originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.