Kate Middleton Channels Princess Diana in Polka-Dot Jenny Packham Dress
- Carole and Michael Middleton visited the baby around 3:15 pm, BST.
- Next to visit were Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall!
- Kate and William came out to present their son to the world around 7:20pm BST, glowing as new parents.
- Kate looked absolutely STUNNING, wearing a light blue polka-dotted Jenny Packham dress.
- The couple smiled at well-wishers and press that surrounded the entrance to the Lindo Wing.
- Smiling for the cameras, Kate held their newborn son close.
- The Cambridge family! With the introduction of the Prince into the world, there are now three direct heirs to the throne.
- Kate looked at her son adoringly as William waved to the crowd above.
- He's ready for his close-up! Presenting the Prince of Cambridge.
- Here's the hand-off, gentle as can be, Kate passes their son to William's waiting hands.
- William looks down at his son and heir.
- Kate looks adoringly at William as he jokes that the baby "has her good looks, thankfully."
- Kate and William laugh with the press -- clearly blissfully happy with their newest addition!
- Once baby Cambridge was safely secured in his car seat, his proud Dad took him to the car, and the family whisked off to their home in Kensington Palace at last.
The moment we've been waiting for is finally here: the royal baby has arrived!
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge stepped out of the Lindo Wing at St. Mary's Hospital in London just after 7 p.m. local time today, and we have to say -- Kate looked absolutely flawless, especially considering she gave birth just a little over 24 hours ago.
Not only was the Duchess sporting one of her signature blowouts, but she donned an adorable dress by one of her favorite British designers, as well. Kate wore a cornflower blue and white polka-dotted, empire-waisted silk crepe de chine dress by Jenny Packham and a pair of wedge heels in what appeared to be a shade of cream.
This relaxed and casual look on the Duchess may be one of our favorites to date. And, one more thing -- when we saw it, we couldn't help but think of the green and white polka-dotted dress Princess Diana wore when she carried Prince William out of the very same hospital 31 years ago.
Whether Kate's post-baby dress was meant as an homage or not, it was a sweet tribute to William's late mother.
Now that the couple has departed St. Mary's Hospital in their Range Rover, we have couple of things to look forward to -- Kate's post-pregnancy style, and of course, an official name for the royal baby! Click through the gallery above to see more photos from the family's first moments in the spotlight.