Keep Summer Vacation Memories Close To The Cuff!
A creative way to use any shells, cool rocks, or gems you've collected as keepsakes is to turn them into a statement piece of jewelry, like a bracelet. Turn your latest beachside souvenirs into a memory cuff that'll keep your summer fun alive even after the season. Make it boutique-worthy with hand touches and strong gold accents for a polished personal look. Erica Domesek gives us all the tips we need to pull off this look before summer ends!
- Select your special keepsake that will fit on top of your bracelet. It can be a shell, rock, gem or even a broken brooch.
- For the base of the bracelet, you’ll need a gold cuff. They can be found online for about $10.
- Secure the object on the center of the cuff with E6000 adhesive or your favorite craft glue.
- Wait. Allow the glue to set for about 30 minutes before handling again.
- Measure out three arm lengths of 26-gauge gold jewelry wire and cut.
- Underneath the keepsake, wrap the gold wire around the glue base securely about 6 times, ensuring that your loose end isn’t poking out.
- Now the fun part. In funky crisscross patterns, wrap the wire over the top and bottom of the object and cuff.
- For added style, you can change the direction midway through a pass by weaving the wire under, then over one of your earlier wraps.
- Next, wrap the wire a few times under the keepsake and tie a tight knot before trimming any excess. To finish, just bend the end back toward the base so you don’t poke yourself.
The best part about making your own boutique-worthy bracelet is that by adding a personal keepsake, you’re keeping your fondest memories alive.
Click the gallery above for this vacation memory cuff step-by-step!